Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Camera Shy Turkeys??

Old 02-21-2008, 09:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default Camera Shy Turkeys??

During the deer season I seen turkeys in the feild thatI hunt on several times.On one hunt I seen a pack of 27 (25 hens,2 gobblers).After deer season I wanted to see if I could get some trail camera pics of some of them.I went and bought some wheat and feed and put the camera on the field.Left it there for a week and came up with nothing.Alot of the seed was still there so I figured I'd try another week,still nothing.Coons and birds ate my seed this time.Is it possible my turkeys abandoned the field? Seems weird they would just vanish.I'm hoping they just aint taking the bait.Is their any tips or tricks I could try to get them on the camera? Or maybe a different kind of bait?
Thanks fellas,
JE
Old 02-21-2008, 10:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Camera Shy Turkeys??

Use Corn!
Old 02-22-2008, 07:52 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Camera Shy Turkeys??

Here in South Alabama, I see more birds in our fields during the spring than the fall/winter deer seasons. Those gobblers like to strut in the open areas and the bugs that come to the new growth of the spring keeps thier belly's happy.

That being said you should plant some chufa's if you want to see birds in your fields this time of year. If your neighbors have them, in thier fields, that's where the birds are.

Note the date on the picture below. This shows the chufa magic.