Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Trouble with TruGlo sights.

Old 01-29-2008, 06:08 PM

Default Trouble with TruGlo sights.

I picked up a set of Pro Series Magnum Gobble Dot sights for my 870. Out of the pack, the screws were locked down on each sight, but they just sat loosely right over the rib on the barrel. After backing out the screws I see the sides are fixed... what in the world's the point of the screws. I used the "spacers" the pack came with and now the sights fit snug on the rib, but something's just not sitting right with me. Anyone else had this issue, or have any suggestions?
Old 01-30-2008, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trouble with TruGlo sights.

I just bought these sights as well. I put them on my Extrema and I kinda like them. I like the way they look as far as sighting down the barrel is concerned. I'll be honest with you though, I'm just a little skeptical about the plastic spacers. I followed their directions and they seem to be on the gun very solidly but....I'm not a fan of anything on the gun, especially the sights, being plastic. Their directions said that the plastic spacers were optional, but without them the sights will definitely fall off. I don't think the allen bolts can tighten that much without bending or snapping.

I put some "witness marks" on the rib of my gun and will keep an eye on the sights to see if they slide or shift when I go pattern soon.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:53 PM

Glad to know I'm not the only one worried about it. I read reviews on Cabelas and BPS and didn't see any posts talking about this issue. I think I'll make some marks on the rib like you did and see if there's any trouble, but I'm honestly on the verge of just taking them back and not risking losing 50 bucks. You would think that one side would be loose for adjustment. I wonder if they all fit as poorly?
Old 01-30-2008, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: zsk7687

You would think that one side would be loose for adjustment. I wonder if they all fit as poorly?
I dunno. But there's an awful lot of room for them to move around without the spacer though. I don't know if I'm gonna be 100% comfortable with them now. I'll be at the Harrisburg show this weekend and you can bet I'll have my eyes open for some sights.