Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Primos Jellyhead chokes ???

Old 01-10-2008, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Primos Jellyhead chokes ???

Over on the Primos forum thats all you hear about. I don't know one person that has one and never hear anything about them... I figured if they were that great you would hear more people talking about them...

Anybody had any expierience with them???
Old 01-10-2008, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Primos Jellyhead chokes ???

I have one in .660 and like it. I can't say that I love it....yet, because I haven't shot any shells that I consider high quality. I'll know if it's good or not soon because I'll be getting it ready for the season and shooting some of the better shells.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got one and used it last year. It is an alright choke. From my talks with other people, the choke is designed more for the nitro loads than anything. I used it with good success last year in getting two gobblers in one shot. I did, however, order a new choke and it should be here sometime this week. I ordered the Tru-Glo Strut Stopper Xtreme (not to be confused with the gobble stopper that is found at wal-mart). The SSX was designed by 3-time winner of the NWTF Still Target World Championship Shoot. I did, however, enjoy the Jellyhead...
Old 01-10-2008, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Jellyhead/Nitro combo will definitely be going with me to Florida and Georgia this spring.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:30 PM
Typical Buck

Bought one the firstyear they were introducedand my Remington’s hated it. It wouldn't shoot a decent pattern no matter what load I used or which gun I used.

With my SBE II, Nitrotested their tube with that gun so I thought it would be safe to try again. I'm not holding my breath though and it's a safe bet to say, I'll be checking it plenty of time before the season.I've got a strong feeling I'll be calling up Rhino Chokes looking to place an order.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

I have one and i also shoot it through an SBE II and it keeps a consistant pattern and a damn good one at that ! I am very happy with it.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

Shooting a .660 Jellyhead w/ Nitro 4X5X7 in a 870 SuperMag. Excellent pattern. I really wondered just how good it was, so we had a little shoot-off between 10 of us last spring. Other than two, all were shooting 3.5 12 gauge guns from either Browning, Mossberg, or Remington. The three best patterns were shot from guns w/ Jellyhead chokes and Rhino chokes Shooting Hevi-Shot, including Nitro loads. All the guns threw patterns acceptable for turkey hunting, just some better than others.

In my 10 Gauge, I shoot a Rhino. I tried the Jellyhead, but the constiction was too tight for Hevi-Shot,although performed very well with lead.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man I guess the ol Jelly head might be a decent choke... I think I'm done with the whole choke/load search... I'm happy with my 870 SPT and 3.5" Win HV #4's
Old 01-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Blueditch42

I have one and i also shoot it through an SBE II and it keeps a consistant pattern and a damn good one at that ! I am very happy with it.
That's good tohear I hope that my thumper like it just as well.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a jellyhead with Rem. hevi shot 3 1/2 magnums 5 shot and it does the job. I shoot a Rem. 870 SPS-T thumbhole.

Quick Reply: Primos Jellyhead chokes ???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.