Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Addiction

Old 01-01-2008, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

Default Addiction

Ok I might as well get this started. Im Arrowmaster and Im a turkey hunting addict. I became addicted in 1985. Im still addicted to this day.

Ok who else is addicted to turkey hunting and when did you become addicted...
Old 01-01-2008, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Addiction

I am a turkey hunting addict. I became addicted in 2001 when i killed first turkey. I will be hopefully be addicted forever.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Been addicted since 2000 and hope I never have to get rid of it!!!!
Old 01-01-2008, 08:52 PM
Fork Horn

I am Lung Blood and I too am a Turkey Addict. I have been in and out of rehibilaseasons each spring since 1996. By far the best addiction to get hooked on.

Good luck and aim small, miss small!

Old 01-01-2008, 08:58 PM
Fork Horn

Been chasin turkeys since 1972, and I hope I never lose the addiction. Sweeter than any drug.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:19 PM
Fork Horn

I got addicted in 2001, didn't kill a bird until 2003 (Wisconsin), now I try to hit several states a year. I just love the springtime, the fair weather (although sometimes it gets really hot down south) and the thrill of hearing the birds and knowing that you have a chance to get them to come to you. The anticipation absolutely drives me crazy. I cannot met a person on business or pleasure without bringing up turkey hunting and I'm always looking for that next opportunity to find a new place to hunt. Yes, its a full blown addiction. I start looking for places on the internet, calling guides and hunt clubs to plan out my season the last day of deer season or no later than Christmas time. Locating a good place to hunt, meeting others that are into the sport and preparing gear and practicing calling allow me to enjoy turkey hunting pretty much year round except for deer archery season here in Wisconsin. Other than that its ball to the wall with turkey hunting.

I love it.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

My name is zubba, and I am addicted to turkey hunting. I became addicted in 1998 and dont' forsee ever being cured.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arrowmaster

Ok I might as well get this started. Im Arrowmaster and Im a turkey hunting addict. I became addicted in 1985. Im still addicted to this day.

Ok who else is addicted to turkey hunting and when did you become addicted...
I got into it about the same time as you did,but thendecided on taking mature long beards only since 1992.Yes, it is an addiction!!
Old 01-02-2008, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got into it about the same time as you did,but thendecided on taking mature long beards only since 1992.Yes, it is an addiction!!

What makes a mature long beard other than just not being a jake? A 2 1/2 year old will likely weigh 21-22 lbs, have atleast an 8-9" beard, and 3/4-7/8" spurs (atleast in my area)....is that mature. I know a very few people that will glass the birds as their strutting in and check out the spurs. Anything without true limb hangers will get the pass. Anything with will get shot. But who's to say a bird lacking the genetics isn't mature?!?!?
Old 01-02-2008, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

As far as I'm concerned... If hes 2 years old or older he's a good bird

Quick Reply: Addiction

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.