Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

CALL THE POLICE!!!!!!

Old 05-16-2007, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default CALL THE POLICE!!!!!!

So my dad talked me into moving midhunt. So after driving by and discovering that his plan was stupid, I decide we should pick up and go eat. As we approach my blind I stop and swear REAL loud and try to not punch someone. Turns out "Jake" my jake decoy got the hell beat out of him because I made it look like he was "messin" with "Jenny" (one of my hens) Then he turned on Hardbody my dads hard body decoy and knocked her over trying to mount her (her stakes prettyhigh). Somewhere out there there is a beardless rapist/killer. This particular tom has NO beard. Last night I discovered a hen from his flock DOES. Crazy mutant turkeys. Well that was the first mugging my decoys experienced. Oh yeah my bow was still in the blind... thought that was funny. Hope you enjoyed my story, and that it doesnt happen to you unless you are in the blind. GOOD LUCK TO ALL THAT ARE STILL OUT THERE!
BR
Old 05-17-2007, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: CALL THE POLICE!!!!!!

I'm cumfused.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds like he got out of his blind and came back only to find a tom had come in and stomped his dekes to me.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: zubba

I'm cumfused.
Yes ... I am, too.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:09 AM
Typical Buck

I think that he went to go to another spot then came back and saw that all of his dekes were stomped and the "rapist" is a beardless tom and in his flock, there is a bearded hen[&:]
Old 05-17-2007, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

lol sorry if I confused you. I was typing fast and didnt have timeto check to see if it made sense.
I think that he went to go to another spot then came back and saw that all of his dekes were stomped and the "rapist" is a beardless tom and in his flock, there is a bearded hen
That is correct. I moved and came back 30 minutes later to find my dekes had been trampled. Anyone else had a situation like that where they left for somthing only to come back toknocked over decoys? Also has anyone else ever heard of a tom that has lost his beard. Its the first time Ive seen that happen
Old 05-17-2007, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hoytteen

I think that he went to go to another spot then came back and saw that all of his dekes were stomped and the "rapist" is a beardless tom and in his flock, there is a bearded hen[&:]
now I understand....

It seems to always happen that if you would have stayed still for just 10 more minutes, then you would have been in the prime situation. Doesn't matter if you are deer hunting, turkey hunting or any type of hunting.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:26 AM

If I only had a dime for every time I got up and moved only to jump the bird as he was coming in silent.

My frined Jayson left a buddy in the blind with a camera while he went over a ridge to find a hot bird. When he came back his buddy showed him footage of the two toms struting in the decoys while he was gone. The guy was giving him crap on the tape the whole time. It was most funny.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:53 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like what you need is a "hunter decoy", a buddy to come out to your blind with you, then eventually leave, whistling as he strolls away from the blind towards the truck..
Meanwhile, back in the blind is the real hunter waiting for the birds that come a couple minutes after the hunter bails..
Old 05-17-2007, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Also has anyone else ever heard of a tom that has lost his beard.
I have heard of this. I always heard that in the winter months, the beard gets frozen to a tree in the roost and therefore rips off when the Tom flies down. I also heard of a Tom having beard rot. Not sure what causes it, but is somehow rots off.

Quick Reply: CALL THE POLICE!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.