Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Longest shot ever?? Whats ur's??

Old 05-03-2007, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Longest shot ever?? Whats ur's??

I reread your post like you recommended, and you made even a bigger a$$ of yourself. You said....

Usually I would say no in fear of spooking birds in the surrounding area.... but its the last day we could hunt there.
Fear of spooking the birds...WTF....WTF I say. Spooking the birds should be one of the last things you should be worried about. The first thing should be wounding a bird or a braindead reason. The second thing should be trying to call the bird into a humane range. Now what.....Perhaps you post would have sounded better if you said:

Usually I would say no in fear of wounding a bird and not recovering it, but I couldn't convince him otherwise.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Fork Horn

What kinda drugs are you on Zubba?!?!
Old 05-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

What kinda drugs are you on Zubba?!?!
Yep, that is what I thought. No explanations!!!!
Old 05-03-2007, 10:37 AM
Fork Horn

I dont feel like I have to explain myself to you.... I dont give 2 s**t's about what you think about me.............
Old 05-03-2007, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've patterned my gun out to 50 yards and know that I'm at the maximum range there for the pattern I'm getting. I killed my last longbeard at 42 yards with this gun and he never even flopped. The only time I attempted a shot longer than my tested maximum range was when I mis-estimated the range because of what I later found out was a detached retina in my shooting eye. I have passed on quite a few nice birds over the years because they were just out of range. It's stupid to take pot shots at a bird when you don't know that you can humanely kill them at that distance. Sure, a stray pellet my just randomly hit the brain and you get the bird, but you more likely risk wounding the bird and never having another chance to kill it cleanly.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, um, ah, see, um, well, ah, well well well What kinda drugs are you on Zubba?!?!

Um, ah, ah, um, well, ah, um, um, ah, well, um, ah I dont feel like I have to explain myself to you.... I dont give 2 s**t's about what you think about me

[:-]

Old 05-03-2007, 10:44 AM
Fork Horn

wow... thats strange, a detached retina. I hope everything is better and your out hunting again. (judging distances better) Yeah... I also pattern my gun for 50 yrds.... at 65 I still get the recommended 5 BB's in the neck of the turkey target, but dont like to shoot that far if I can help it.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Longest shot ever?? Whats Ur's??

ORIGINAL: tigerw10

wow... thats strange, a detached retina. I hope everything is better and your out hunting again. (judging distances better) Yeah... I also pattern my gun for 50 yards.... at 65 I still get the recommended 5 BB's in the neck of the turkey target, but dont like to shoot that far if I can help it.
That's because you never had the aptitude to learn the calls and bring them in close! You're just a hot dog turkey shooter.[:@][:'(]
Old 05-03-2007, 10:56 AM

I dont get why you would say that Rebel Hog. He said he doesnt like shooting that far. Maybe you read it incorrect.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

I dont like to shoot that far RebelHog. I'm just saying that I pattern it out for 50 yrds. I believe most hunters do aswell. And yes I do call them in close. I am a two time upstate NY turkey calling champion aswell. So must be I'm doing something right.

Quick Reply: Longest shot ever?? Whats ur's??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.