Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

PA Season Opener

Old 04-26-2007, 08:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default PA Season Opener

PA Boys Are You Guys Ready to Get Started!!!!!!
Old 04-26-2007, 08:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PA Season Opener

ready is an understatement....but i hear they really shut down in most every area this week...on a PA forum guys said they been going nuts upto this week and totally shut down...guess the weather dont help...but they do go into gobbling lulls...hope they are fired up saturday...i cant wait!

good luck to all...and be safe out there
Old 04-27-2007, 04:47 AM
Typical Buck

Yep Im ready! hopefully the birds are a little more fired up than last week (junior season). On tusday I saw a nice gobbler walkin around lookin for some hens. His head was as red as ive seen so far, so i think things should be heating up. Do you guys see a lot of hunting pressure in your areas? the only time ive seen anyone else in the woods was up around the national forest.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:58 AM
Typical Buck

I am ready for sure. Though maybe not too pumped for Sat. when ya hear 12 different owls hootin in the morning and 6 different guys cuttin as loud as they can at the same time to one Gobbler, and seeing all the water bottles, soda bottles, candy wrappers all over the ground.
but dont get me wrong ill be having problems falling asleep tonite.
everyone PLEASE BE SAFE and GOOD LUCK!!!!!
Old 04-27-2007, 06:29 AM
Fork Horn

It can't get here soon enough in my opinion. I always feel like a kid at Christmas around this time!
Old 04-27-2007, 10:28 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: PA GOBBLER

I am ready for sure. Though maybe not too pumped for Sat. when ya hear 12 different owls hootin in the morning and 6 different guys cuttin as loud as they can at the same time to one Gobbler, and seeing all the water bottles, soda bottles, candy wrappers all over the ground.
but dont get me wrong ill be having problems falling asleep tonite.
everyone PLEASE BE SAFE and GOOD LUCK!!!!!
sounds to me like you've experienced Pa's public lands!
Old 04-27-2007, 10:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just want one more true limbhanger Eastern. We're talkin' 1.5"+ hooks, warhammer of a bird. I don't care if he has no beard, has a busted up fan, or half of his feathers have fallen out. I just want one more true mountain monarch with gaffs on his legs. I've got a few, but just want one more.

Heck, the last true beast of a bird that I killed, had one spur broken off, half-a-beard, a ripped up fan, and could barely gobble anymore. I want one more like that. I made one of the biggest mistakes of my life not getting that bird mounted. Just shooting for a chance at redemption.

I'm hunting an area Saturday where it's quite possible that there has been NO hunting pressure for the past 5 years. Finding a bird that old is no easy task, and getting him to come to a call....well....
Old 04-27-2007, 05:57 PM

i was ready last week. thats why i shot my bird last weekend(youth hunt(last year too)) so im coming up with you guys come june when we get our new licenses. im still in the mood to hunt, thats why im still gettin up way early to help dad get one.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:12 PM

READY! I was ready a month ago! GOOD LUCK ALL
Old 04-28-2007, 05:24 PM
Fork Horn

Well its finally here! Did anyone get one? Im really pumped about this season, ive finally got a vehicle to drive so i can go anywhere. This is also my second year filming, i was unsuccessfull last year, if anyone else has tryed filming yourself on a turkey hunt you know how tough it is. Im hoping that the crappy weather before the season slowed them down a little so they really start hammering during season, unlike last year, where it seemed like they did all their gobblin before season and then shut up after the opener. It will be a little tough cause i got to get up at 4:30 in the morning hunt then go to school at 8 but its worth it if i can get one. Good luck everyone and have a good season.

Quick Reply: PA Season Opener

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.