Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Little Hunter-Iowa Turkey

Old 04-23-2007, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default Little Hunter-Iowa Turkey

Youth season started here 4/13/07- Friday the 13th we did have some luck on that unlucky day. I will try to make a long story short I can go on and on. My son was suppose to have school that day but we let him have a jip day. I am glad I did when we got there the birds were all ready sounding off. My son looked at me with his eyes all lit up and said" their all over mom". What a rush it is to hear my son so pumped, and all of the birds sounding off like they were!! It was a cold morning but we had the blind an a little heater and we were nice and toasty.The bird were going crazy on the roost then they just shut up, we called a little then here they all came there was about 30 birds all together. What fun!!! We had a B-Mobile(BOB) and some hens out and when they rounded the corner they made a b-line right to us. One of the Toms from the front of the flock RAN to us so my son took him. The look on his face goes right to my heart everytime!! I felt and feel truly blessed. With tears in my eyes, the feeling of my son at my side with a big ol bird on his back. OH- what a feeling!! I wish the same feeling to all. Thanks for reading. Here is a couple of pics.
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...IM001832_2.jpg
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...a/IM001839.jpg
Old 04-23-2007, 03:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Little Hunter-Iowa Turkey

From one Hawkeye to another, GREAT JOB!
Old 04-23-2007, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome story!! Congrats to you both! I'm about to be a dad and I hope I can share similar memories with my soon to be child. Nice turkey too, we grow them big here in Iowa!
Old 04-23-2007, 04:12 PM

What a greatbird ! You'll both remember that day forever.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whatd that hog weigh? And yes we do know how to grow turkeys here thats why I cant wait till my shotgun season opens! Congrats on the bird! Was it his first? If it was thats a great start my first bird came in gobbling and everything too!

Old 04-24-2007, 02:07 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks - I guess I was to excited to put in the score of the bird It was 23 pounds and the beard was 10 1/2 inches with 3/4 inch spers. No this was not his first hunt, they all ways feels like it though, actually this is 6th year 6th turkey.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:36 PM
Dominant Buck

Awesome! Congrat's
Old 04-24-2007, 04:23 PM

yea, congrats bud. tell 'em great job for us. good shot there.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats. 6 birds already...wow!!! I know peopl 3-times his age with less kills. Congrats again.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow...congrats on the nice bird! This is something you and him both will be able to look back on.

Quick Reply: Little Hunter-Iowa Turkey

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.