Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Got my first marrium

Old 04-18-2007, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Got my first marrium

I must say them are some nice birds especially the one in the second picture, Only because its me, we had a great time I shot mine at 7:30 opening morning at 30 yards in full strut, didnt even have to call the hens brought him in and just looked at me, well he followed and the hens started to get nervous when they got to about 7 steps from me and I though its now or never, tried to get him out of strut but he wouldnt have it...So I gassed him, he was only 15.6 pounds but had a 8.5 inch beard and his spurs were almost gone one was 1/4 inch and the other was less than that....And now you know the rest of the story....
pyclub1
Old 04-18-2007, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

Those are some fine looking birds...
Old 04-18-2007, 08:15 PM

Congrats!
Old 04-18-2007, 08:35 PM

Nice job on the bird. Hunting in the hills is a blast. Did you happen to see any elk or anything else cool? I went to the hills a couple of years ago by myself. I just drove into the national forest and set up camp. I hunted for a couple of days and had a great time. I ran into 8 elk which was my first wild elk that I have seen. It was pretty cool.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:38 AM

Beautiful birds. Congrats.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:46 AM
Typical Buck

contgrats. both nice birds.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:17 PM
Fork Horn

Next it's texas for the mighty rio, hey ttl are ya interested or no....I'll be their so you have a good chance of shooting one..Ha,Ha,Ha,...
Old 04-20-2007, 10:25 AM

Well pyclub, I said I wasn't wasn't going to south dakota to chase the mighty thunder chicken and look what happened! So anything could happen. I don't think I would want to drive though, but again it usually happens that way. So let me know when we are leaving, so I can schedual it in and get out out of the shop.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

gunna start looking for some texas help right now....Hopefully I can find someone who will be willing to help us out with some land to hunt for a rio...Hell maybe we can get a few guys to go?????? The more the marrier right..