Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Opening Day in Illinois!

Old 04-16-2007, 03:44 AM
Spike

Default Opening Day in Illinois!

gettin ready to go out this morning to hopefully get a nice gobbler. this is my first hunt, wish me luck! Lets hear about today from some of you illinois hunters
Old 04-16-2007, 05:30 AM

Default RE: Opening Day in Illinois!

good luck
Old 04-17-2007, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

The toms are really henned up right now . It seems the season is about 2 weeks late,good luck!
Old 04-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Toms are always henned up pretty good during our early season and for this reason very few folks I know even try to draw a first season tag. We'll be out there this weekend and I'll be trying to get a Gobbler in front of my Dad, atleast the weather finally strightened up! Good luck to all you Illinois guys and gals.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

More so than usual. The jakes were gobbling on the ground(haven't been beaten up yet by the toms) and I saw flocks of hens and jakes together(won't happen in another week or so)
Old 04-17-2007, 07:18 PM

Yeah, Igot a 4th season tag I think for the north zone (first weekend in May), so I got a few weeks yet. Let me know how you'all do. Good luck and be safe!
Old 04-17-2007, 08:11 PM
Fork Horn

my pops is huntin 1st season but im huntin 2nd i havnt heard a report yet bu
Old 04-17-2007, 08:26 PM
Typical Buck

Well, I was blessed to take a nice bird off public ground this morning! I didn't get him until 10:00 this morning. There henned up real good as well. I actually missed this bird but was able to call him back inside of 40 yards to get another shot. He weighed 21 lbs abd had a 10 inch beard with 1 inch spurs. It was a tough hunt! I'm worn out! good luck to everyone else..
Old 04-17-2007, 09:45 PM
Typical Buck

I agree that the Toms are really henned up.
I love hunting them when they are like this. The challenge is awesome!!!
Good luck to everyone in the following weeks!!
Old 04-20-2007, 02:36 PM
Fork Horn

ok dad came home and i have the report those w/ heart conditions or weak stomachs should skip ahead 1st morning they dad & a friend wanted to know what was gobblin where so they sat in a blind lo and behold 2 gobblers step boom boom double now comes the dilemma what now crappiefishin ? no water temp is too low so hmm wait they have tags for Missouri too so they go to Missouri a group of turkeys walk out boom boom double

2 men + 2 states + 1 day = 4 birds

Quick Reply: Opening Day in Illinois!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.