Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Well I did it.

Old 03-28-2007, 08:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Well I did it.

Well folks I did the unimaginable this year for the first time in 17 years. I didnt apply for a spring turkey permit. It was hard but I kinda feel good about it. I started hunting turkeys 17 years ago this spring and have been very very fortunate to be drawn every year spring and fall for turkey permits. I decided this year to let someone else that has never been drawn to get drawn and enjoy the sport of turkey hunting. I will probably apply for a fall permit this year if not no big loss. Good luck to everyone thats hunting this year. Share the pics!
Old 03-28-2007, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Well I did it.

wis bow huntr - I hunted wisconsin for 9 years now, and have never had a problem drawing a tag. Matter of fact, a lot of years I drew two tags (before they started selling the extrasover the counter). I suppose it is different depending on the zone you hunt, but I don't know anyone who has not drawn a tag. I heard of people not drawing the season they applied for, but they still drew a season.

It was very thoughtful of you, but I think you should have applied this year because I think pretty much everyone who applies will get drawn.
Again, I may be wrong, but I know that is the case with the zone I apply for. None the less, it was a kind act.