Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

wild dog in the area

Old 03-26-2007, 06:22 AM

Default wild dog in the area

man i went to go check up on the ranch yeaterday on all the feeders and all and i heard something run looking something like a coyote ....looking around and then i found poop ....now i only have 20 acres TO HUNT FOR TURKEYS and then there is a wild dog what would you do?
Old 03-26-2007, 06:46 AM

Default RE: wild dog in the area

Kill it? Are you sure it is wild or just a neighbors?

We had a pack of wild dogs once that took up residence in an old shed near the barn one winter. Pretty soon they were after the calves and running the cattle. Needless to say I went with my dad out in the middle of the night and freezing cold and shot every damn one of them when they came flying out of the barn at us. I was like 12 years old at the time. It was pretty scary.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

now i only have 20 acres and then there is a wild dog what would you do?
Kill it. Kill 'em all!

Are you sure it is wild or just a neighbors?
Kill them too.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:54 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Silent_Death

Kill it? Are you sure it is wild or just a neighbors?
That's what I'd do But only after I checked with my neighbors to see if it was their dog or if they seen a coyote running around. If it was their dog! I'd then tell them they better get off my property and keep it off or I'll shoot it Just kidding, but I would ask them to keep him tied up and not on my property.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:59 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Goose 11

Are you sure it is wild or just a neighbors?
Kill them too.
if someone killed my dog, they wouldnt be doing much after i got a hold of them
Old 03-26-2007, 08:12 AM
Typical Buck

two words: Paintball Gun
Old 03-26-2007, 08:59 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hoytteen

two words: Paintball Gun
That works great. I know of a neibour that claimed that their dog never left the property (large tan coloured, just like a deer when running). This dog would always run through the bush at the best times for deer hunting. Two hits with bright orange in the rib cage did two things. Made the dog think he was not welcome and the owner complained about someone shooting his dog. Proof was in the pudding as they say. The police told him to keep his dog tied up or it could have been worse.

For those that say to JUST KILL EM ALL ........ you better not kill any of my dogs. If you have asked the owner to keep them tied up during hunting season, and still have the problem, then you might have the right to take them out. But just to kill them without warning the owner first is only asking for trouble. Plus it would also get their children to hate hunters. We need to bring new blood into hunting, not make enimies out of the youth.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:29 AM
Typical Buck

Now, I'm not trying to stir the pot here as for what I posted, I said he shouldcheck with his neighbors before shooting anything. I personally wouldn't shoot anyones dog on my property unless it was attacking my family, my propertyor myself. And guess what! I wouldn't care onedamn bit of what the ownerthinks they would do to me because I'b probably still havemy gun(s) in my hand.

The following two quotes,"if someone killed my dog, they wouldnt be doing much after i got a hold of them" and "you better not kill any of my dogs"is for the birds.If you have a pet (like I do, two dogs and a cat) you need to be a responable owner and keep it either in your house or on your own property!

I'vehad a problem with my neighbors dog running in our pond and chasing towards my 15 month old son playting in the front yard.I spoke to her about it and she tried to fix the problem for about weekbut her dog was back at again. I called the local animal control officer and discussed the issue with him. This might be a shock to! as it was to me but I legaly can put a bullet in herdogs butt for coming on to my property. Now as I said, I own two dogs and cats and would never shoot someones pet(s) but if faced with someone not being a responsable pet owner. I'll do what I have to.

As for my neighbor, she was given a $50 fine for her dog running loose through the neighborhood and she now has a fence up in her backyard and the issue was fixed!
Old 03-26-2007, 10:04 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: MK-M-GOBL

Now, I'm not trying to stir the pot here as for what I posted, I said he shouldcheck with his neighbors before shooting anything. I personally wouldn't shoot anyones dog on my property unless it was attacking my family, my propertyor myself. And guess what! I wouldn't care onedamn bit of what the ownerthinks they would do to me because I'b probably still havemy gun(s) in my hand.

The following two quotes,"if someone killed my dog, they wouldnt be doing much after i got a hold of them" and "you better not kill any of my dogs"is for the birds.If you have a pet (like I do, two dogs and a cat) you need to be a responable owner and keep it either in your house or on your own property!

I'vehad a problem with my neighbors dog running in our pond and chasing towards my 15 month old son playting in the front yard.I spoke to her about it and she tried to fix the problem for about weekbut her dog was back at again. I called the local animal control officer and discussed the issue with him. This might be a shock to! as it was to me but I legaly can put a bullet in herdogs butt for coming on to my property. Now as I said, I own two dogs and cats and would never shoot someones pet(s) but if faced with someone not being a responsable pet owner. I'll do what I have to.

As for my neighbor, she was given a $50 fine for her dog running loose through the neighborhood and she now has a fence up in her backyard and the issue was fixed!

"attacking my family, my propertyor myself" is one thing but just being on the property is another.

""The following two quotes,"if someone killed my dog, they wouldnt be doing much after i got a hold of them" and "you better not kill any of my dogs"is for the birds.If you have a pet (like I do, two dogs and a cat) you need to be a responable owner and keep it either in your house or on your own property! "" i agree that if you have a pet you should be responsible owner. BUT i still say if my dog for some reason maybe i was hunting w/ the dog on the property next to it and it went on the other property and someone shot it before i got it back YES they wouldnt be doing much after i got a hold of them. we are talking about one time here, he said that he saw something running and found poop.

"As for my neighbor, she was given a $50 fine for her dog running loose through the neighborhood and she now has a fence up in her backyard and the issue was fixed! " problem solved and you didnt even have to shoot someones pet

Old 03-26-2007, 10:27 AM
Typical Buck

I agree

Quick Reply: wild dog in the area

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.