Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 7, We are on the board

Old 03-19-2007, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default Team 7, We are on the board

20lbs, 10" beard, 3/4" spurs.

Hunt started out slow Saturday morning in Florida. It was cold and very windy. Heard one gobble at first light. We waited until we thought the birds had left the roost and began to walk. We went to where we heard the 1 bird gobble. We called a few times with no response. We began walking and calling about every 100 yrds due to the wind. Finally, we got one. He answered just as loudlyand crisp as you could ask for. We set up off a field and were ready for some action. We figured the bird was at least 200yrds. After a couple of soft yelps, he answered again. He was still about 200yrds. We waited patiently and kept silent. After a few more minutes, I cut a couple of times and went into a soft yelp. He gobbled again, but this time he was closing the distance. I knew he was on his way. Now I am getting excited. It's opening morning and we have a hot one. I began purring and scratching the leaves as he began to get closer. A couple of more soft yelps and clucks and BOOM!!! he gobbled again.Very loudand very close. Man my heartstarted pounding.He had cut the distance very quickly. I figured him to be 50yrds or so. Finally he came into sight and was drumming.My heart was racing faster and faster. He came in quick. 40 yrds, 30yrds, 20yrds, and finally I had enough. I had to lay him to rest. Turkey hunting is a great event to take part in.

Old 03-19-2007, 05:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Team 7, We are on the board

I have a picture, but i don't know how to upload.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:58 PM
Typical Buck

Sweetness!!!!!
Atta baby!!!!
Old 03-19-2007, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats, I'm sure someone here will walk you through it. Got a teenager at home maybe?
Old 03-19-2007, 07:35 PM

That's awesome man! Sounds like an awesome hunt. Reading your story got me even more excited for the season opener! Less than a month here in MO.Congratulations! Maybe in a month I can help our team out.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:36 PM

Nice bird.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:16 PM
Typical Buck

Awesome bird!!!! And scored for the right team !
Old 03-19-2007, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bullrider, thanks for the advice.The scope is fine where it is I was shooting it off a bench and crept too close to the scope. Shooting it off the shoulder is no problem. Let's get some more birds for the team!
Old 03-19-2007, 09:11 PM
Typical Buck

Great picture as well!
Who's friction call did you use? Great looking call, and again, great job!!
Old 03-19-2007, 09:24 PM
Typical Buck

Congratulations.

Quick Reply: Team 7, We are on the board

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.