Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Albino toms?

Old 03-09-2007, 02:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Albino toms?

Anybody ever got one? I saw one the other day on my way out shed hunting - lives off a major interstate, so I'm sure about 300,000 other guys know about him too. Either way, I've got the location logged in the old databank upstairs. LOL

Looked a lot like this young lady, but I'm 99% sure it was a male. I couldn't get the binos on him b/c if I tried to pull off, I'd have been killed by a semi- for sure. LOL

Old 03-09-2007, 02:36 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Default RE: Albino toms?

Not a true Albino but is a piebald turkey and yes I'd shoot him!

Legs are black int he photo and black/gray shading on feathers.

JW
Old 03-09-2007, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like a wild turkey tame turkey cross breed... Wouldn't doubt it... Seems like more people are shooting tame turkeys that they think are wild every spring...

Old 03-09-2007, 02:46 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-09-2007, 03:17 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-09-2007, 03:18 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-09-2007, 03:24 PM
Typical Buck

I have heard rumor that the white strand of turkey have migrated from Canada. I am not 100% sure on this but, a field I use to hunt had 5 or 6 different white birds in it. I asked the owner of the property and that is the story I got.

I would most definetely shoot one!!!!
Old 03-09-2007, 03:35 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BullRider115

I have heard rumor that the white strand of turkey have migrated from Canada. I am not 100% sure on this but, a field I use to hunt had 5 or 6 different white birds in it. I asked the owner of the property and that is the story I got.

I would most definetely shoot one!!!!

Thanks for the chuckle. But in the mid 1980's Ontario and the rest of Canada was listed has having no wild turkeys. Ontario traded some different spieces of wild animals to get some wild turkeys to try and bring them back to their natural habitat in Ontario. It was a sucess.

Actually there is a known fact that wild turkeys do sometimes come "PIE-BLAD", or a white strain, just like you can get moose, deer ect the same way. It is not necessary that it was crossed with a domestic bird to get that way.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

A friend of mine got one about two years ago and had it displayed at Cabela's in Dundee Mi. for awhile.
I keep asking for pictures of it so I can post them in here but he kepts forgetting to send them to me , I'll have to make sure to have my digital camera with me next time I go over there.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:11 PM
Typical Buck

Well Dang Uncle Tom.... LMAO Now I have to go and tell that feller he is full of it............ Hey? Can ya tell I am new to Turkey Hunting? LMAO

I have seen plenty of white pigeons.... Ya think they come from Canada?[:-]

Quick Reply: Albino toms?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.