Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Southern Ohio?

Old 02-28-2007, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Southern Ohio?

Anyone hunt around Southern Ohio or anyone from that area?

My girlfriend's aunt and uncle have a big spread not far from Waverly, Ohio. Never been there, never seen it. But, we have an open invite to turkey hunt there, and apparently they are all ate up with birds. All of these are obviously big problems.

I am wondering exactly when the peak hunting times are? I haven't even checked the seasons yet, as this just sort of came up yesterday. The girlfriend and I are only going to be able to make it a 3-4 day hunt at the most, most likely a 2.5 or 3. Wanted to know when we should try and schedule.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Southern Ohio?

One other question: Per the regs, which I just downloaded, it says you can use shotgun with shot, crossbow or longbow. I take it "longbow" as they mean it includes compounds, recurves and longbows proper?
Old 03-01-2007, 03:24 PM
Fork Horn

Yes longbow does include all bows. If you're hunting private ground I would plan on hunting the first week. It always seems to be the best (if the weather cooperates). Season starts the last week of April I think and you can only hunt until noon. Good Luck!
Old 03-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Typical Buck

I'm startin in Noble county in the SE this year. Monday April 25th is the opener. Noon is correct. Been speaking to my buddy down there and he expects to start hearing gobbling in the next couple weeks. If you have the choice be there Monday April 25th. Why wait?