Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

identiflyer

Old 01-25-2007, 08:35 PM

Default identiflyer

Has anyone use the identiflyer in learning how to use calls, I am new to turkey hunt and am trying to learn how to use the differant calls but don't know if the identitiflyer will help there is no info on weather it gos over all the type of calls such as box, pots, or mouth calls. Right now I am having problem with gag reflex with the mouth calls. Any help anyone can give will be appreciated
Old 01-26-2007, 06:24 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Default RE: identiflyer

sorry don't know what the identiflyer is......never seen one

but

Gag reflex is something to over come. Try placing the call more forward in your mouth......stay at it and you will master it....but if it gets to be too much well it is not the end of the world......

Easiest call to master is a box call. I play mine - all of mines as I ahve quite a few......while listening to Wild Turkey Talk on the several CDs I own. Even listen to them int he truck drivin form hunt to hunt.

Next easiest is the Pot tho some may disagree... WEez all gots an opinion here!

But practice - practice -practice.....then and then do it over again.....

Tip for you - once you are out in the woods and do hear a hen - try to mimic her note for note......nature is your best teacher!

JW
Old 01-26-2007, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with JW here too , I have no idea what you are talking about.

Your not talking about the H&S Pasifier are you
Old 01-26-2007, 01:46 PM

I googled it. Appears to be a digital bird song thing (song birds or whatever) I have no idea if it would be of anyhelp
Old 01-26-2007, 08:12 PM
Typical Buck

Great tip JW mimic the hen Man she hates that
Old 01-27-2007, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check the back cover of the new Midwest catalog. The NWTF has a electronic turkey sounding unit that is battery operated. Sells for $44.95.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope no one takes this wrong, but I hate electronic calls. JMO. It has more meaning to me when I'm the one talking with the birds. So no, I wouldn't recommend it.

Check out Cabelas, Gander Mtn, or Bass Pro. They always have their calls on display to test. Find one that works good for you and go with it.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: zubba

I hope no one takes this wrong, but I hate electronic calls. JMO. It has more meaning to me when I'm the one talking with the birds. So no, I wouldn't recommend it.
I agree.(It's also against the lawby the NYSDEC.) I was just showing what the "Identiflyer" was, since most never heard of it before since it's new on the market.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

hawkeye...what brand of mouth call is creating the gag reflex? You may want to try a few different brands. I know that for me, I don't like the way the HS Strut mouth calls feel in my mouth and they cause me to have problems with it, however, the Primos calls fit perfect for me and I have no problems. Try a couple of different brands and see what works best for you!
Old 01-29-2007, 11:02 PM

Buy a box call.