Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

FL turkeys

Old 01-24-2007, 09:05 AM

Default FL turkeys

Was wondering when spring turkey season is inFlorida? And who hunts them with a bow? And where might be a good area? I'm orginally from central Florida, but have been in Alaska the past 15yrs. Would like to go home for some turkey and hog hunting, but need a starting point. THANKS!!
Old 01-24-2007, 02:42 PM

Default RE: FL turkeys

I am thinking about heading down there for a hunt this spring. Ifn your interested in partnering up let me know.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:33 PM

u pretty much jus need to make good friends with a farmer or any1 who owns lots of land to hunt on... bc if not n u plan on goin to public land, good luck jus gettin a seat in the drawing to get a time to hunt... n 60% of the game has been takin in public areas anyways... i live outside tampa in the brandon/lithia/riverview area n got a few friends with land... my cousin down in sarasota also has some buddies with property they shoot turkeys on all the time! jus try to find that private property n ur golden!
Old 01-25-2007, 08:53 AM

Thanks for the replies. Just kinda wanted an idea of when the season starts and a good place to hunt. Years and years ago, I use to go to the Green Swamp off of N98 out of Lakeland. And a few years ago, I was down fishing with my uncle, on Lake Kissimme. As we drove down to his place we passed some pasture land. I saw 3 does, a buck, and a mess of turkey's but, I believe it was private land. Use to camp over on Lake Arbuckle as a kid, and I'd hear turkey's over that way but, never saw one. Gigged alot of frogs and caught alot of bass, though! I've been up here in Alaska for awhile and just want to head south for some turkey's and hogs. I know the rule and regs have changed quite abit in those 15yrs. I've been gone. Any info. will be helpfull, especially if it's in central Fl. Thanks again.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:33 PM

Florida spring turkey season is northwest zone March 18-Apr23, Central zone March 18-Apr23, and south zone March 3-Apr9
Old 01-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe FL is a draw. Did you apply?
Old 01-26-2007, 06:48 PM

like i said before with the public land here, the Green Swamp especially... u have to pay $100 jus to get into a drawing then if u get a seat u can hunt but from what ive heard about Green Swamp the majority of the game is already taken there n the few people ive known that have tried to hunt there will sit in a blind or stalk all day n see nothin but armadillos n racoons... jus need to make friends with some1 with private property!
Old 01-26-2007, 07:10 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: hawkeye266

Florida spring turkey season is northwest zone March 18-Apr23, Central zone March 18-Apr23, and south zone March 3-Apr9
You have to know what county. Some counties are cut in half!

Old 01-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Zeke wanna be my Fla. turkey hunting buddy? I need to shoot an osceola but do not want to spend $2500 just to hunt. All i need is some good land to hunt and get turned loose.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

Green swamp west is a special oppurtunity hunt that you pay for, Green swamp WMA gives out daily quota permits on a frist come, first serve bases. If someone checks out at 9, someone can check in. There are a lot of birds there. I went there twice last year and worked birds both days only to have them hang up because I didn't know the lay out of the land. You can hunt there and expect to hear birds, especially after 10 am when they leave the hens, and do not have to apply for a permit. The Kissimmee River PUA, where you fished is excellent turkey hunting and doesn't require any permit. Take ya a john boat and paddle down the creek calling until ya get a gobble, then beach it and hunt him! Good luck, and you can check FL's web site for more info!

Quick Reply: FL turkeys

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.