Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkey gun question

Old 01-22-2007, 08:26 PM

Default Turkey gun question

I recently purchased a Remington 870 SPS-T Super Mag CL (cantilever) with the monte carlo stock and forend with a 23" barrel. I didn't realize it was a cantilever when I bought it over the internet. Will this make a good turkey gun or should I look into getting something else. I'm kind of new to the shotgun scene so any help is appreciated.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:56 AM

Default RE: Turkey gun question

Heck ya, Get yourself a lite weight bantam size scope with a diamond shape reticle and you're
good to go. That baby was made for the Turkey woods. You may want an after market Turkey
choke tube, these folks are quite reasonable. http://www.wilsonprecision.com/index.html

[/align]She should also do well shoot'n slugs with an Improved Cylinder choke tube for Deer Hunt'n.
In fact, thats a good way to rough site it in.
Just "DO NOT" shoot slugs through anything but the IC tube.
I wish cantalevers were available when I bought my Browning, I had to make my own.

[/align]
Old 01-23-2007, 06:07 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Default RE: Turkey gun question

Iagree I have a 11-87 with a cantlever barrel and added a Nikon Monarch Turkey Pro scope - it has taken many birds and a few deer.

JW