Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Missouri public hunting grounds

Old 01-20-2007, 03:14 PM

Default Missouri public hunting grounds

Anybody hunt public ground in NE Missouri? Is the Atlanta CA or Indian Hills CA open to hunt turkey? Any good? Any other sugestions appreciated. Cannot afford an outfitter this year and I have no private ground to hunt this year. Thanks
Old 01-21-2007, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Missouri public hunting grounds

I know there's lots of public ground down in the Mark Twain Nat. Forest. Also I believe Army Corp. ground surrounding the lakes like Truman are also public, and very good hunting. I've always wanted to put in with a boat, travel to a desolate area, and hunt turkey, it would be alot of fun! Good luck this year! Scott.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:47 PM
Fork Horn

As for the Mark Twain, I have hunted it for the past 15 years. I am seeing more and more people every year....
Old 01-21-2007, 05:05 PM

Mark Twain has alot of ground and you are probably right, more and more people every year. I would like to find a public area up around Memphis or Rutledge. Have a couple non-hunter friends up there. Guess I'll just have to drive over and look around next month.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Public land will seperate the men from the boys
Old 02-02-2007, 06:17 PM
Fork Horn

Mr. longbeard yes it will. But what fun is it to drive 15 hours to have 4 other guys calling to the turkey that is strutting 50 yds from you?? Mo. is getting more and more preasure.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:47 PM
Typical Buck

Rebels Cove near Landcaster is excellent. Might give it a try.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cant say that I feel for ya dude... Been hunting pressured Gobblers all my life and I deal with that bull !@#$ every spring... Your lucky you only have resident nuckle heads to deal with... I have three states worth of f!@# sticks to deal with. See I live in the Tri State area. Md,Pa,WV... All three states within 15 minutes of my hunting ground...

But somehow I manage to put my tag on these weiry gobblers almost every spring"it is what it is"
Old 02-03-2007, 06:17 AM
Fork Horn

Mr.Longbeard I hear you brother, I am from Mercer County PA. If a turkey gobbles here 9 guys hear it. It was not like that 25 years ago. If and I say if I could find a bird I could work him until I killed him. Now if you park your turck along a back road, when you come out of the woods there are two other trucks parked there with you.

But In Mo. we are seeing more and more men hunting. And a steady decline of birds to hunt.I have been hunting Texas andShannon Counties for the past 15 years, my father in-law has been for more than 30 years.We just don't see the turkey sign, or hear the birds thatwe once did.

But we go to Mo. for 9 days away, it is a good time and the turkey hunting is only part of sleeping in a tent with ticks for 9 days.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Typical Buck

man I thought there was supposed to be more birds now than ever

Quick Reply: Missouri public hunting grounds

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.