Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

what is the best turkey decoys???

Old 01-19-2007, 07:35 PM

Default what is the best turkey decoys???

what is the best turkey decoy that is easy to carry around and looks real???
Old 01-19-2007, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: what is the best turkey decoys???

I personally really like my Carry Lite love triangle decoys they are light weight and very portable and look real.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:59 PM
Typical Buck

I personally think that the inflatable decoys are the best. They are very easy to carry because they literally fold down to nothing, they only take about 30 seconds to set up, and they also look very real. Trust me, no matter what anyone says, no gobbler is gonna ignore your setup because he prefers the styrofoam decoys over the inflatables. Plus its dangerous carrying around an uncovered foam decoy, and annoying when you have to put it in a bag and sling it over your back where ever you go. With the inflatables, you can just foldem up, and put em in your pocket!

inflatables are deffinatly my pick for favorite
Old 01-19-2007, 08:06 PM

GOT $ 400.00 BUCKS...
The mounted hens from Cally Morris of HazelCreek Taxidermy!
You have to see it on film...
As soon as I get a permission slip from my wife?
Old 01-19-2007, 10:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had a post in here not to long ago where I had twenty reply's talking about the same thing more or less , but anyway we talk about all the diffrent ones that are on the market today.
I have used the Feather Felx , the Flambeau and the Carry - Lite brands but the one I liked the most would be the Bobb'n head Feeding Hen.
It has alot of life like color and detail and with the moving head it really draws those birds in.
I'm gonna get the Bobb'n Head Breeding Pair for this coming season , here's a picture of my Bobb'n Head Feeding Hen from last spring.
Look for my post on page two of this forum for more info on what other members have said.

Old 01-20-2007, 04:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Alot of folks swear by Feather flex decoys..... I use the Deltas you can get at D$cks for 15 dolars or so...
Old 01-20-2007, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

even though the bobble head decoys are harder to carry in, they sure bring them birds in, so it's worth it for me.......they cant resist that head swaying in the wind, bobbin' up and down, they are they best.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:11 PM
Fork Horn

Ditto! If I go out at least one of my decoys will be a Bobb'n-head decoy!
Old 01-20-2007, 09:55 PM
Typical Buck

I'm not an expert on dekes as I don't use them much anymore but when I did use them and had success, it was with a combo of a Carrylite jake that I cut the back section off and velcroed a real turkey fan that I had to it. Then screwed in two "O" rings (one into each side of deke), tied on two fishing lines, and I'd pull to get movement which worked well. After getting burned so often with decoys, I've gone to hunting without them most times. I usually hunt late season in WI and MN so the birds are pretty decoy shy. Not sure if it matters as much which kind of decoy as it does getting some movement.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I still like just the regular feather flex decoys. They are light weight, inexpensive, and get the job done.

I admit there are more lifelike decoys on the market, but the bird is dead before they even get close enough.

Quick Reply: what is the best turkey decoys???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.