Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Benelli or Browning

Old 01-04-2007, 09:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Benelli or Browning

Guys I was wondering your opinion on the better shotgun for Turkey hunting ...the Benelli II Super Black Eagle or the Browning Gold both in 3 1/2? I plan on buying one next week and was wanting some objective input ....I would also be using it to duck hunt ...

dd
Old 01-04-2007, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Benelli or Browning

DD, I repeat DO NOT GET A BROWNING GOLD!! I own both the SBE and the Gold. Both are well made shotguns and perform well under average conditions. But when it gets cold and wet, or just plain cold for that matter the Gold seems to think it doesnt have to load the next shell. And the gold MUST be cleaned after every hunt because it has so much fouling and residue buildup. Even w/ this it still goes to sh#t in cold weather after a box of shells. Not what you want when your paying 800-900 dollars.
The SBE will perform flawlessly for years whether you clean it or not. Its made for anything.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:38 AM

Hey doc either gun will do you fine,as with any auto when its really cold and wet ,im talkin cold they have some problems.but for turkey huntin i doubt your gona have much of that cold problem to worry about ,even in kentucky it dont get below 20 degrees in the spring does it ..ha ha .. ps is your deer season up there over yet..and do you ever come down and duck hunt around reelfoot lake area.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks guys for the info .... I have yet to get to hunt in Kentucky but hopefully next year .... I just do not know anywhere or anyone from up here yet to hunt with ....

dd
Old 01-05-2007, 06:34 AM

come on down to crockett county this spring and we will get on some big swamp roosters in the river bottoms.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Benelli's barrels are tight and the Brownings have "backbored" barrels!! I've heardfrom two people so far that said the Benelli can be a pain to get a great pattern out of because of their tight barrel.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

ROOSTER ILL HOLD YOU TO THAT OLE BUDDY ....

DD
Old 01-05-2007, 02:26 PM

hey man come on down we got a bunch of birds...
Old 01-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

rooster how close are you to jackson?

dd
Old 01-05-2007, 02:32 PM

im in jackson now thats where i work,,but i live between jackson and dyersburg,in a little town called frogjump,close to alamo..

Quick Reply: Benelli or Browning

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.