Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Benelli or Browning

Old 01-05-2007, 04:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Benelli or Browning

Yep know Jackson pretty well ..I was the sales manager for Robinson Toyota for a couple of years ...

dd
Old 01-06-2007, 01:34 PM

I've got the Browning and am happy with it, she has one hellva boot even though it is a heavy gun.
Shoots a great pattern with a .680 tube #4 shot. But, I like the Benelli too.
Buy both
Old 01-06-2007, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

For me it's a no brainer. The SBEII has been much more productive for me. I owned both the gold had issues with loading as previously mentioned. The SBEII has the cryo barrell so it doesn't contract or expand due to change in temperature. Besides that fact that it's easier to clean, and easier to handle in my opinion. Also the SBE II gives you the option to adjust the stock in many different ways. Good Luck.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm also fortunate enough to be able to hunt with both guns. The SBE II is THE shotgun to have if you're using it more for wing shooting. I have a 26" barrel on mine and would love to find a shorter turkey specific barrel but it has been a total pain to try and pattern even with 2 different turkey chokes! The Browning I have experience with is the 3 1/2" N.W.T.F Edition and it is an absolute turkey crusher! Tight patterns at 50+with just Winchester #5s, it's an exceptional shooting gun! Last 2 seasons the Gold stoned 'em at 52 and 56 yards, birds collasped and lay still! The Browning feels like a LOT more bulk in the hand compared to the super light and sleek feel of the SBE II. IF I could just get my Benelli shooting like the Browning I'd probably never use another shotgun.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:50 AM

its simple, the SBE2 ia the best hunting semi auto shotgun there is. with this comes a hefty price tag tho. I bought one this summer for 1265 plus 6% KY sales tax. im a tight wad too so u can only imagine how it tore me up to hand over the check until i got to shoot it. i advise getting the comfortech if you go with benelli. it really does help anf looks cool too.