Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Merriams Info for my SLAM

Old 01-04-2007, 11:46 AM

Default Merriams Info for my SLAM

I've got everything lined up for my first Grand Slam this coming spring EXCEPT FOR A MERRIAMS. I definately want to make a trip to NE or SD to finish my slam. Anyone have experience with outfitters or good success on public ground in NE or SD?
Old 01-04-2007, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Merriams Info for my SLAM

check your pm's
Old 01-04-2007, 12:24 PM

there is a couple of indian reservations on the border in east central side of the state that has a lot of birds.. its the eastern most flock of merriums there is suposeably. thats in nebraska. i took two nice toms in new mexico last year with a bow on public land.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:11 PM

Thanks bullmoose, I've already had them reply to an email. My only worry is that I'll be going the next to last or the last weekend. Are you hunting Merriams this year?
I see you also shoot your stick and string turkey hunting. I was fortunate enough to Gobbler Guillotine a Rio last year and got it on film!
Old 01-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Widow_Maker

Thanks bullmoose, I've already had them reply to an email. My only worry is that I'll be going the next to last or the last weekend. Are you hunting Merriams this year?
I see you also shoot your stick and string turkey hunting. I was fortunate enough to Gobbler Guillotine a Rio last year and got it on film!
When I went with them it was during the archery only season. I killed my bird within 20 minutes the first morning i hunted. My guess is you could kill a bird any time there. I never saw anything like it. I completed my bow slam last year all on video. Its sure fun!!!! I will be hunting merriams this year with a guy from hunting net. We made a swap. I am on a budget hunt this spring. i want to save up for a good deer hunt this fall. i just couldnt give up turkeys though. If you talk to them bring up my name. Maybe they will remember me maybe not.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:33 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Check out the Black Hills in SD. Thousands of acres of public land and full of Turkeys.