Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

I'd Like To Know Your Techique

Old 10-25-2006, 01:08 AM

Default I'd Like To Know Your Techique

Hey guys I'd like to know the techiques you all use when hunting for both fall and spring turkey. Because for me turkey starts this weekend .
Old 10-25-2006, 02:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: I'd Like To Know Your Techique

Run and Gun
Hunting from a blind
Roost em!
PM me if you need anything else!!
Old 10-25-2006, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ICALL2MUCH

Run and Gun
Hunting from a blind
Roost em!
the more i run and gun, the more i like it...hunting from a blind is safer on public land, so i wont go to anything other than a gobbler(it's usually dark when i go to the gobble anyway, then i set up close by...if i dont hear one , then i'll sit and try to call one in....i might get up and move, but not too often, maybe 2-3 times a day if that.

GOOD LUCK
Old 10-26-2006, 04:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I told you , you would be in big trouble then, so all I can say is read as much as you can...
Old 10-26-2006, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fall= for me in the west is all about food source

spring= best advice to be where they feel comfortable being...that always works...birds are not going to be where they don't feel comfortable...do some scouting and i am sure it will all come together...

also try the search link at the top of the forum to see what other advice has been given on the subject
Old 10-26-2006, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

i like to run and gun. i get really antsy sitting in a blind but do do it occasionally.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:26 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: TonyTheHunter2006197

Hey guys I'd like to know the techiques you all use when hunting for both fall and spring turkey. Because for me turkey starts this weekend .
Adrian J Hareone of FLoridas best Turkey Guides (Osceolas) is giving you advice, take it, it's free!
Old 10-27-2006, 05:00 PM

spring hunting only, roost'em, run n gun, the best part is the challenge
Old 10-28-2006, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't fall turkey hunt so I can't help you there but I have found that the more patience I have the more turkeys I kill. I still like the R&G but the moreI sit in one place the more successful I seem to be.
Old 10-29-2006, 04:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Spring hunting and Fall hunting are so much different. Right now I am in the Good Ol USA after a Fall quest in the State of PA.

Now this trip is not going to be easy as the weather is agaist the sport and the property that we spend time at has been done over by Gas rigs and the birds have moved off away from the work programs going on. Starting at the beginning again as scouting for the 3 day hunt can turn realshort and the eliments could lead to failure real fast.

What i'm looking for a a place that is out of the highest percentage of wind that may have some scratching in oak stands that birds have used for a number of days. This may lead to a start, so that time can be spent in the mornings and afternoons when the birds feed back and forth to the roost areas.

I found just the place yesterday with a limited amount of sign and will put energy into this area Monday. The natural feed in the woods can take over any sightings in open pastures and fields so spending the time looking for birds on the low times in travel maybe a better angle to take.

We'll see how it all works out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.