Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Official contest FINAL SCORE

Old 07-23-2006, 06:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default Official contest FINAL SCORE

It has taken me awhile to get this done I know. I have been extremely busy. Not only do I travel from state to state but I also do alot of hunt bookings for IMB Outfitters. It just seems funny that some people got upset because it took me so long ot get this done, when this contest is only to help people meet other hunters and possibly get together and go on a hunt in their home states. There are NO prizes for this contest just the prize of making new FRIENDS. But here are the results of the contest.

Team 1 693.725
Team 2 543.625
Team 3 723.75
Team 4 707.625
Team 5 606.45
Team 6 657.375
Team 7 390.8595
Team 8 778.5
Team 9 636.25
Team 10 349

TEAM 8 WON THE CONTEST
Congratulations to everyone that hunted and made it home safely this spring.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:49 PM
Spike

Default RE: Official contest FINAL SCORE

oh but pat you forgot the most important part the winning TEAm gets to SING!!!! WEEE ARE THE CHAMPIONS !!!!!!
but seriously great board lots of fun and good luck to all next spring when TEAM 3 REPEATS !!!! !!! or at least trys to win !!
OOPS ... um ok guess i should read all the scores better humm i think my turkey gonna taste alot like CROW .. but congrats team 8!!
Old 07-23-2006, 08:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats to team 8, it was a great season.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hi Pat
First of all I would like to say I'm SORRY for being ignorant I didn't mean to make any body mad or upset.
I understand that you have been out of towm and you do have a job to do.
I hope there are no bitter feelings between all the forum members and myself and I hope we can go on being a freindly forum.
Again I do want you to know that I'm Sorry.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pat,

That's all well & good, but the bottom line is if you didn't have the time, you could have delegated or even asked someone to take over the responsibility.

It may be for fun, but when you have a few hundred people wondering about the outcome, it's nice to see the results during the season. Hardly anybody visits now, simply because it's no longer turkey season and everybody is busy doing they're summer thing.

Next time, instead of making excuses as to why it took you so long, simply apologize and state that next year with your extended committments you will know that you won't have the time to run the contest...

A little modesty goes a long way dude, hopefully you got the hint [&o]...
Old 07-24-2006, 05:40 PM
Typical Buck

First RDHunter there are never any bad feelings here. I Thank you for your post.
Strut&Rut There were only two people that contacted me about helping and they were JW and Rob/Pabowyer which did help me when they could. So if you are upset with how long it took me then I apologise to you for you being upset. Maybe next year I can solicite your help.
Glad you all had a safe hunting season.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

I forgot which team I was on LoL [:@]

Going to school 11 hrs a day 4 days a week makes you forgetfull

Oh Well

Could some one tell me ?

Thank You
Old 07-24-2006, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is exactly why contests have been near stopped here at this site and a lot of others. Years back we had some major Blow ups over Prizes and that came to an end, because of people that joined a fun contest and then got upset in the end.

These contests are FREE , no one pays to enter and if there is prizes they cam out of other users pockets. The prize thing was Drpped years back and Pat decided to carry on with the forum fun, but I would be very surprised if he puts his hand up next season, and I wouldn't blame him if he didn't.

Pat , Thankyou anyways for taking the time, to put this on and allow yourself time to come back even if it was a little late to talley the scores...BT
Old 07-24-2006, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

jrbsr you were on team 3...

A salute to team 8 our 2006 champions. You guys really knocked'em down!

I am not pointing my finger at anyone in particular really I am not; but I don't think there is any excuse for someone to think they are going to get a prize for winning our turkey contest, after all it was perfectly clear in the rules that it was all for fun and scoredon the honor system.

By the same tokenthe participantsshouldn't beexpected to wait untilalmost the end of July to find out which team won.If HNI generates enough excitement to get 300 people to sign up for a "fun" contest itsurelyhas to be good for everybody, especially the sponsors. I couldn't get 300 people to sign up for a goodraffle if I gave the tickets away. When no team scores are posted during the season when people are checking in to see how their team is doing and the final results are not in until turkey season is but a memory; it takes all of the excitement out of the fun contest. Those are just the cold hard facts.

Old 07-24-2006, 10:48 PM
Typical Buck

Normally I wouldn't be like this but enough is enough. I don't get paid by hunting net to run a contest, I don't even workk for huntingnet. I did this mainly to just help other hunters meet each other. It strictly a volunteer event. I guess what I am trying to say is EVERY HUNTER that got to go out in the woods this year is a WINNER. Results from the contest are just a bonus. Yea it may give you bragging rights and such but in the long run we all just LOVE this sport. Adrian is correct this contest was shut down a couple of years ago and I was asked by the forum members since Adrian had enough of it to run this contest. Last year it was run smoothly because I hade alot more time to work on it. I was not anticipating not having the time this year due to my new job. Everyone that visits this forum could have looked at it this way. Alot of hunters harvestes some awesome birds this year and got great pleasure out of telling the story. SCORES really don't mean much compared to memories. I have said my peace

Quick Reply: Official contest FINAL SCORE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.