Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Official contest FINAL SCORE

Old 07-27-2006, 06:05 PM

Default RE: Official contest FINAL SCORE

Pat, I think you do a great job and I would hate to lose you due to criticism by someone that hopes for self advancement of some kind. Sorry, 178. I just get tired of folks who VOLUNTARILY sign up and run something like this only to be questioned about the manner in which they do it. Can't we just say thanks, and move on? Why be critical at all??
Old 07-27-2006, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

I would be more than happy to step up and say I will help next year Pat. I think you did a fine job this last season. But I would like to see you back doing this again next year. I will help you out. Anyone else wanna step up and help Pat out next year???
Old 07-29-2006, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Who cares if it took a long time to post the winner, which by the way I was a member of team 8. Thank you very much. It's all in fun. Pat did a good job. I hope we can continue the contest next year. I think it's good for the forum. Nothing wrong with a little friendly competition. I enjoyed it and reading and responding to fellow turkey hunters. Everyone on this forum has at least one thing in common, we love the Wild Turkey. So let's all work together so we can keep this fun contest going. I vote to keep team 8 together for next year, but I am a little bias. By the way, I saw a pretty nice longbeard this week while hanging a couple of bow stands. I'm already fired up for next season.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:00 PM
Fork Horn

Pat,

I've read the threads and it sounds like there is some question as to whether or not there will be a contest next year. In the spirit of optimism could you explain this whole team contest to me? how does one get on a team? Do you have to put your own team together? What are the rules, et. etc. etc.

I'm new to this forum as you can see and I absolutely agree that participating in something like this would be a FANTASTIC way to meet other turkey fanatics...............I'm one, so fill me in and let me know what I need to do to get on a team if there is going to be a 2007 spring contest! I'm ready to roll.

Old 07-30-2006, 01:35 PM
Typical Buck

Hootnscoot, first let me say welcome to the forums. Second there will be a contest next year, I have made that decision. Hopefully I won't be quite as busy next year.
The rules are as follows
1. sign up once on the sign up post when it is posted.
2. I will randomely pick teams
3. Be honest with your score it is only for fun anyway
4. Post your score on the scoring post along with your team number.
5. You can post all of your birds scores but only the best onbe will count for your team, so it doesn't matter if it's the first bird you harvest or the last one you harvest.
6. Only legally harvested birds count (not that anyone doesn't harvest them legally)
7. This is the most important rule_____ HAVE FUN AND MEET SOME OTHEAR TURKEY FANATICS.

Old 08-03-2006, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

Pat, I offically volunteer my services to help you out next year. Anyone else wanna step up?
Old 08-04-2006, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be glad to help. I'm quite good with spreadsheets and statistics, so I could probably cut down on some of the time. As a career student (I finally earn the PhD next month!!), I've got quite a few computer tricks up my sleeve.

I can also input names into a statistical database, and simply run a program which will immediately spit out a randomized list of names. We can "rank" the names --- ie. so Bosstom and Pat are not on the same team --- which again will save time.

Let me know when it gets closer next Spring, and I'll be more than glad to help Pat...
Old 08-05-2006, 08:23 PM

thanks pat for a job well done wish i would have been able to strike on a bird this year but i didnt once again thanks alot
Old 08-17-2006, 11:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

This is the S#$T that takes the fun out of the contests to begin with!
Pat... thanks for your work.... although my team didn't win! :
Good luck next year everyone!