Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

I was told to use my 2nd Tag

Old 06-02-2006, 07:42 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: I was told to use my 2nd Tag

You always smile so pretty in them pics
Sunshine Boy training

(sorry AD, Couldn't resist)
Old 06-03-2006, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good one Steve

Borch,

I do not seem to have the luck with Camera men. I have sat in front of Cameras a few times and every hunt something happens and the Camera man seems to have a problem agaist me.

As most don't realize , the shooters is to listen to the camera man at all times , because he is doing the filming. When he tells you something you have to follow what he is doing. Once I was told that a bird coming from behind me was coming to my left. I got ready and the bird strutted by at 15 yards on my right.

Had another one where the camera man set down the camera to shift and the birds poped out in range and stood looking at us and we could not move. Needless to say they walked away and we could not get them going again.
Another time with the same guy , I told him to watch his side of the tree on a small ridge that angled towards us. I look over my shoulder an hour later and theres a Tom walking passed us and now out of range.

However I did finely have it happened on this season with yet another camera guy. We had the prefect hunt as the gobbler fly down and as I worked the bird a cross in front of us at 25 yards and it gobbled and strutted. The bird got to the first opening we had and the camera mans yelling shoot ! and the bird still has25 yards to the decoy in the open for real good footage. I ignor him and let the bird walk to the coy and I cut and the bird gobbles. I take aim and reinsure that the camera man has clear footage of the bird and then take the shot. Down the bird goes. Well after reviewing the tapes , the lighting of the footage is not good, Zooming back and forth all the time and some of it out of focus. This guy now uses this this hunt agaist me and I have to pay $1000 bucks for the raw content and find out these problems after. Well now I can not get any refund on the money.

I think I'm done with this videoing hunts, it the biggest pain I have ever been involved with...BT
Old 06-03-2006, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

Adrian, Congrats on getting your bird, and on doing your own pics...LOL
That is what I should have done. Someone else took pics for me and has yet to email them to me. And I missed out on doing our Rio and Merriam hunt, But Pat n The Boss got to go and had great hunts and got some good birds.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:19 PM

Oh well Adrain. I guess we'll have to settle for seeing you on the net for now.

How late does your season go up there?
Old 06-13-2006, 03:15 PM
Typical Buck

it ended My 31st Borch.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:29 PM

OK

Just thinking about the future trip possibilities.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:05 PM
Typical Buck

book one to the Turkey Spur Ranch and you won't be dissapointed.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very good story Adrian!Great pics too!!Appreciate all the stories and pics this year has made the board very entertaining!!!
Old 06-18-2006, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Guys, I had fun this past spring and spent countless hours in the turkey woods. That sure helps with some of the numbers that have been taken. Now the fun is all over and back to a normal life as most of you have to do all year long. My time is short at this time of the year as I am in the carpentry trade and cash in my Calls for a Estwing hammer

Borch , I sure hope at sometime we can share the woods togeather as I would like to do with alot of people here. I have fun hunting with different people and spending time in places that are all new.

I will be back in Florida next spring spending the time in the guiding buisness and learning as much as I can about the Wild Turkey...BT