Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

The Official New York State Turkey Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 05:13 AM

Default The Official New York State Turkey Thread

Well, since NY season is about to open, why not have a thread for all of the hunters who represent the Empire State.
Post your results, frustrations, or anything else you want to rant or rave about.
I scouted this morning, and heard two toms. When I went to my second location, I saw 6 toms struttin in the same field they have always been struttin in every morning for the last 2 months (Can you say strut zone people).
Little do they know, tomorrow morning there is gonna be a little ambush setup there.
Shhhh...dont tell![:-]
Old 04-30-2006, 05:26 AM

Default RE: The Official New York State Turkey Thread

WOOOHOOOO!!!...Campo...good luck monday...i'm sittin here chompin at the bit for sure...
Old 04-30-2006, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck tomorrow guys, I will be near Oneonta, NY tomorrow morning. We have a few patterned up there.......hopefully it will be more eventful than my PA opener yesterday.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

i cant get out until friday because of college[]
Old 04-30-2006, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I cant get out till sunday because of school and SAT's on saturday[:@]
Old 04-30-2006, 06:49 PM
Typical Buck

Ill be out tomorrow morning, then I have a Final at 1245.....gonna be tight!
Old 04-30-2006, 08:06 PM

my parents are lettin me skip school tommmarow yess..haha its only my senior year no biggy

Old 04-30-2006, 08:42 PM
Fork Horn

Man what a morning...I ended up hearing 16-17 different gobblers between 3 locations that I hunt. The ole crow calls sure was getting 'em fired up. Needless to say, I'm totally pumped about tomorrow morning!!!!!!!! Me and my dad went out to the local wine company property where we planned on hunting at first light this morning and were greeted with non-stop gobbling from 5:30 until we left at 6:00 . In all...we heard between 10-12 birds on both sides of the road...with 7 or 8 of them being on the property we can hunt. I'm gonna go after the ones on the lower side of the road and he's going on the upperside after a particular mouthy bird that I've heard all 4 times that I've scouted here in the past week. I'm still trying to work up the nerve to take the blind and my new Bowtech with me...but am still undecided a this point. Anyways, it should be an exciting opening morning with a really early wake up call in order to beat a couple of other guys there. With any luck I'll be hauling 20 lbs. + of Finger Lakes gobbler back to the truck with me (I ended up with several real close calls and a tag sandwich last spring).

Here's a little scenery of where I'll be hunting tom. morning. Hopefully, I'll be able to top my little bro's 22 pounder he got there opening day last spring.

Good luck to the rest of you NY turkey hunters out there! I'd better get to bed.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

I got lucky and killed a nice 20.5 pounder with a 9.5" beard and 1" spurs at 5:55 this morning. It was a short/sweet hunt with lots of gobbling. This hunt was especially rewarding since I had some moron park next to my truck and come down and set-up about 70 yds. from me. The dumb as* came walking all the way down to the woods with a flashlight at 5:00. Thankfully, mr. big boy didn't see his light and liked the sound of my woodhaven mouthcall and the real hen calling behind me. Now, its gonna be tough to tag #2.

Old 05-01-2006, 11:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great bird!

Quick Reply: The Official New York State Turkey Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.