Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

ANTICIPATION. over...(update)(now w/ pic)

Old 05-01-2006, 05:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ANTICIPATION. over...(update)

congrats!! i dont know how you did it with SIX guys in the woods! lol.....even if ALL your guys are pros and very quiet im sure that made ALOT of noise...maybe not a herd of elephants....but maybe a single elephant! lol...that would be tough!....i hunted four years with dad..he did most of the calling..always trying to get ME a bird....called many birds in every year...and we just couldnt get it all to pan out....he sat behind me.....beside me.....RIGHT beside me.....we tried it all.....he DID kill one with me one year......looking back on it im glad he took one....he hasnt really hunted since i was 16...been working alot.....last night we were talking about hunting and fishing...and said he loves it and its great...and hes glad i love to do it.....but right now he loves to work...and his new job......and he made a pistol team this year and now loves to shot more then ever...hes shooting a couple times a week now.....i told him dont worry about it im doin fine on my own till hes ready to get back out there....and ill send him plane tickets to come hunt with me when i move out!
Old 05-01-2006, 05:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Way to go Rob! sure sound's as though you really went out of your way and done your homework ,congrat's I assume are in order for this one .I'm afraid I don't get that channel ,so hopefully they come out with a video .If so let me know what it's called .

nubo
Old 05-01-2006, 06:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks guys, Greg, your on....

Mauser06, I had doubts to say the least...it worked out. My friend and other prostaffer I invited along said the best thing about the day for him was when the shotgun went off and he looked over to see the stress leave my face and be replaced with a beaming smile.

Nubo, you can find it on line and actually view it at www.wnep.com and then click PA Outdoor Life on the left.

Course I'm the one in the ASAT. and from left to right is Renee, The unfortunate gobbler, 10" beard, 1" spurs about 19 lbs, The host and local artist Ken Hunter, and in the back is me(Rob/PA), Denny "Wags" Wagner another Pro Staffer and Renee's husband Nate. Ken Hunters camera man took the photo.

Old 05-01-2006, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the bird Rob,seems like you really done your homework.

Will it be available for us viewers on sunday to watch on the net,unfortuanetly like nubo said,I also dont get that channel[:-]

Old 05-01-2006, 09:58 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats on getting them a bird....
Old 05-01-2006, 10:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats Rob - I know you guys worked hard for that one.It looks like we all had an exciting day!

All that scouting pays off.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yup, it'll be available on line at www.wnep.com then click PA Outdoor Life after Sunday....

Thanks Guys...if you want to read the whole story, check out this link.

http://www.rivervalleygamecalls.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=135

Enjoy.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looking good Rob......congrats!
Old 05-02-2006, 07:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks, How's your season thus far. May 2nd, 2nd bird down. We took another one this morning on film for volume III of River Valley's HeadHunters collection. I took a friend of mine out this morning, in fact it's the husband of the girl in the photo above. Gobblers were everywhere this morning and we pulled 3 longbeards to the camera and with the muzzleblast, it was all over.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Thanks, How's your season thus far. May 2nd, 2nd bird down. We took another one this morning on film for volume III of River Valley's HeadHunters collection. I took a friend of mine out this morning, in fact it's the husband of the girl in the photo above. Gobblers were everywhere this morning and we pulled 3 longbeards to the camera and with the muzzleblast, it was all over.
PA's opener was a quiet one, but I did manage to bring in a silent Jake that I passed on. He did thrash my one jake decoy pretty good though to put on a good show for us. On Sunday I hunted NY up near Oneonta at Dan's place and we managed to find 2 just before lightthat were pretty fired up on the roost......but after flydown they headed off towards a patch of property I don't have access to. We put on a good 4-5 miles that morning lugging along the blind and all my gear....made for a long day with no action after that. I plan to hunt NY this saturday and thenPA the following Thurs, Fri, and Sat......hopefully that week I will be able to connect on one. That week has traditionally been the one where I have the best luck down there.

Good luck and keep us updated on your dreamseason, I love to hear the stories and see the pics. I wish I had the time this year that I wanted to put in, it is tough though when all your hunting spots are at least 2 hours away from home.

Quick Reply: ANTICIPATION. over...(update)(now w/ pic)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.