Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

bad way to end season early

Old 04-14-2006, 01:18 AM

Default bad way to end season early

I dislocated my good knee last weekend. I have been hunting 4 years and have only shot one deer. I have had the turkeys patterned the past two years and the toms have just started strutting. I was going to go out this weekend but I wont be able to handle that kind of stress on my knee for a month or so. I hope everyone else has better luck than I do. Good luck this season
Raim
Old 04-14-2006, 04:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bad way to end season early

OOOOOO- Dude Rap the knee and get out there !!!!

I Broke an ankle one year on the first day of Missouri season , all week I hunted all day on a cain and slept at night with a garbage bag of ice on it. I killed a bird there. Flew back home and hunted another day in Ontario and killed a bird with the wife and then headed to New York Killed a bird there the first Morning and headed to PA, all on a broken ankle. I was swallen and Black and Blue from the tips of my toes all the way up to my knee and had to ware a unlaced running shoe on that foot because there was No way a boot was going on that foot. PA you can't walk anyware with out being on a hill side so if you go one way you have to go back. Not good on a broken ankle. Got home and went to the hospital and had it looked at. I had a choice to rebreak it or leave it. I chose to leave it

Ask Jalvja , he should remember that year.

Rap the knee and go sit up on a ridge someplace and call , you'll find sitting in one place is as good as walking around...BT
Old 04-14-2006, 05:19 AM
Typical Buck

Last year when i was snowboarding i partially tore my acl and took a chip out of my knee cap in my left knee. I still went turkey hunting in the spring but it was too much to handle. I went every weekendd, but it never paid off, i never got a bird! Well good luck to you, i hope your knee feels better soon.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

sorry to hear! Hope you have a speedy recovery! [&:]
Old 04-14-2006, 06:56 AM

I had a broken foot last turkey season and asked the doctor for an air cast instead of a hard cast. I told him that I couldn't shift gearsin my truckwith a hard cast on. He agreed to it and I would just take it off and wrap my foot up past my ancle. There was no way I was going to miss Turkey season. Hopefully you will come up with something so you can get out there. Good luck
Old 04-14-2006, 09:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

ouchhh sorry to hear that....hope all is well....ive always kinda worried about that.....like right now i got a hurt ankle from fishing well over a month ago....figured i would stopped for a while and let it heal up...but i been fishing ever since.....and it aint going away lol.....ill let it heal after may........its nothing major.....just rolled it or something and it hurts a bit to rotate it and it cracks and stuff.......but then again......id probaby find a way to hunt even if really hurt.....opening day of rifle deer season i had MONO a week before....didnt stop me!! slowed me down a little......but somehow i made it.....i was worried my spleen would burst when i hobbled off to the range and shot my rifle though! that couldnt have been safe!!