Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Minor choke issue

Old 04-05-2006, 08:23 PM

Default Minor choke issue

When i said minor i was being sarcastic. After i patterned my gun this weekend, the choke would not come out (it was well greased). So today i finally removed it with pliers and to my surprise, it had been shattered up to about the fifth line of threads, (its a KICKS GOBBLIN THUNDER)it had obviously been shot, has anyone ever seen this? I had no idea how it happened since it was screwed in tight, and i have never shot anything but lead through it, ill try to post a pic.
Also the barrel appears undamaged and other chokes fit fine, should i have it looked at by a gunsmith? And anyone have any good choke/shot, recomendations for a MSSBRG. 500 since it looks like im in the market for a new choke. To compound matters the season starts saturday!Great.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:53 PM

Default RE: Minor choke issue

I strongly recomend HS undertaker chokes. Stay away from tru glo choke they din't pattern well in my 500. With the truglo I was getting 11-14 pellets in the head and neck not all in the kill zone though at 30 yards. With the undertaker I bought at walmart which is not ported was putting 25 plus in the KILL ZONE at 30 yards. They both cost me the same money. I didn't like they tru glo also because it was inconsisent it would shoot some loads high some low and if you got a load shooting good it would throw the shot high and to the left.
Old 04-06-2006, 04:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Minor choke issue

Sounds like a defect. I would get in contact with them on this issue, as it could very well been the metal in a lot of chokes. Gobbling thunder is one of the Top name chokes on the market today, I don't use them but I would want to know about any problems in this feild...BT