Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Possible top five turkey in Georgia for Team 3

Old 03-29-2006, 10:45 PM

Default Possible top five turkey in Georgia for Team 3

Just spoke with a couple of buds from Georgia and the bird I killed this past sunday could be in the top five typical category in Georgia. I had the bird weighed two hours after the kill and got an official weight of 28 pounds and 6 ounces. I've got to contact NWTF to get information on getting it officially done. I'm military, so I'm back in Ohio for duty. I was on leave, but I'm going to take a couple more weeks later on this month for Ohio opener and some turkey hunting in Pennsylvania. Hopefully, I'll continue to have the luck I had on Georgia opener! Take care and good luck to all the rest of 2006 season!

David Ellis

Old 03-29-2006, 10:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Possible top five turkey in Georgia for Team 3

congrats... is he top 5 weight only or overall?? if its overall, what are his spur lengths and beard length ??

Old 03-30-2006, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats man, that is a big turkey! What are his other measurements? (spurs and beard)
Old 03-30-2006, 07:39 AM
Spike

Nice bird. Just curious though, what would constitute a non-typical bird? Three wings? Three legs? : )
Old 03-30-2006, 09:56 AM
Typical Buck

Multiple beards. I also heard of double spurs but have never actually seen one.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

He is the Barry Bonds of turkeys!!! Awesome bird[8D]congrats
Old 03-30-2006, 10:14 AM

It weighed 28 pounds and had a 11 1/16 inch beard.Left spuris 1 1/4 and theright 1 3/8. This is for the overall typical category in Georgia. I'm not sure but as unofficial it should make it. I wish I could upload video footage of this bird. I'll try to post a link with the footage of this bird and a even bigger one struttin' out in a field.

About atypical categories, these are for the unusual birds that are killed. Like multiple beards and double or even triple spurs. I killed one three years ago in georgia and its top 8 in georgia in atypical category. There are some nice beards in georgia. If anyone is ever down my way, look me up. Well, contact first, because I'm active duty Air Force and I'm currently stationed in Ohio. If anyone wants to hunt ohio birds as well, do the same. Take care and hope everyone has a safe and blessed season!

David Ellis
Old 03-30-2006, 10:23 AM

That bird is a monster! Congrats!
Old 03-30-2006, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

Near as I can figure he scores out at 76.375 nice bird.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:36 AM

He could have scored a little higher, but both of his spurs have been chipped and roughed up. I measured to the end of each roughened end. I'm not great at guessing what they could have been, but I'm extremely happy with this bird. And thank you to all that have complimented on this bird! Good luck to all!

Quick Reply: Possible top five turkey in Georgia for Team 3

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.