Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Primos "dome" mouth calls

Old 03-29-2006, 02:15 PM

Default Primos "dome" mouth calls

Has anyone tried the Primos "dome" style mouth calls yet? I'm curious as to everyone's opinion on them. I bought several 2 weeks ago, tried a few of them, and they all sucked. Or I sucked, not sure which, but either way, it sounded more like I was trying to strangle a gobbler with concertina wire than call him in. I'm proficient with a normal latex mouth call, but I just can't seem to get the hang of this style. Hope it's just operator error...[:'(]. Thanks.

Mark
Old 03-29-2006, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Primos "dome" mouth calls

I've not tried them yet but was wondering what everybody thought of them.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:30 PM

no turkey call experience with them but i have the primo's triple dome elk bugle diaphragm and found that to be 10 times easieer to blow than the other ones i have. not sure if that's saying anything, but anyway.

Old 03-29-2006, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

I've tried them and don't particularly care for them. I can't get good sound from them. I personally think that they would be great for a beginner to learn the proper way to place/use a mouth call. For those of us who have been using a mouth call for a while I think we've already developed our own "habits" as far as placement, etc. and these calls are attempting to re-educate us.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:39 PM

I tried one and hated it. just didn't sound right.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:42 PM
Typical Buck

I like mine. So idk.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:49 PM

sonic dome sucks. Had the double
Old 03-29-2006, 07:16 PM

I've got the v-cut one and it cuts well and purrs well, but the yelps sound rather strange.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:41 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: hamrhead73

Has anyone tried the Primos "dome" style mouth calls yet? I'm curious as to everyone's opinion on them. I bought several 2 weeks ago, tried a few of them, and they all sucked. Or I sucked, not sure which, but either way, it sounded more like I was trying to strangle a gobbler with concertina wire than call him in. I'm proficient with a normal latex mouth call, but I just can't seem to get the hang of this style. Hope it's just operator error...[:'(]. Thanks.

Mark
I tried one about a year ago. I thought that itwas the worst diaphragm I had ever used. I emailedPrimos and got an attitude lacedresponse saying basically that I was the only one who didn't like it, but that they would replace it if I returned it to them. Well, with the cost of postage, I just trashed it, and, along with it, my business with Primos.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:01 AM

How do you purr on a mouth call, could never figure that out.

Quick Reply: Primos "dome" mouth calls

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.