Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Opening Day!

Old 03-25-2006, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

Default Opening Day!

Yesterday morning, I heard two gobblers gobbling in the same area. This morning, opening day, I got in the area and set up around 5:30 a.m., at 6:00 they started, five total. I moved about two hundred yards and set up about 40 yds. from the property line, the bird was across the line. I heard him fly down about 6:20 a.m., and felt pretty sure I had him coming in. Wouldn't you know it, at 6:30 a.m., a vehicle drove up across the line between me and the bird. Couldn't believe they drove up at 6:30, that was 30 minutes after daylight. Well never heard another word out the bird. I gathered my equipment and took off down the hill and circled around, thought they may have pushed him down the hill. Never saw or heard him again.

That's the way it goes, he's still alive, I'll be in the area tomorrow.

dog1
Old 03-25-2006, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Opening Day!

I heard him fly down about 6:20 a.m., and felt pretty sure I had him coming in. Wouldn't you know it, at 6:30 a.m., a vehicle drove up across the line between me and the bird. Couldn't believe they drove up at 6:30, that was 30 minutes after daylight. Well never heard another word out the bird. I gathered my equipment and took off down the hill and circled around, thought they may have pushed him down the hill. Never saw or heard him again.
I feel for you.
Last year it was kinda like that for me.
Except it was another hunter between the turkey tom and me.
Well to make a long story short he shot the tom.
And came out right by me and showed it to me.
What could I say it was public land.
At least it wasn't me getting peppered with turkey shot.

So I know how you feel . [:'(] [:@] [&:]
Good Luck
Old 03-25-2006, 09:31 PM

I had a pretty good opening day. We headed out at about 6 and heard one just a gobblin' but we I called and called but he must have found some hens because he went the other way. On my way back to camp I looked up at food plot on top of an hill and seen a hen just a eatin'. Didn't kill nothin but at least I say one on opening day.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:53 AM
Super Moderator

Theres nothing like someone to spoil your hunt. Ive had it happen as well. But what can ya do.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear that. Well good luck the rest of the season. Man I cant wait till opening day here!
Old 03-26-2006, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Has happened to me plenty!!!! I'm even sure it's happened to me when I didn't even know it was happening..

The way I look at is... Not everbody can do what I do almost every spring
Old 03-26-2006, 04:42 PM

youth day was here yesterday so i went im 15 i had 3 gobble got set up on a bird then my hands went numb 35 degrees so i left lol