Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

It's gettin to be that time again....

Old 03-25-2006, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default It's gettin to be that time again....

I went to Bass Pro a few days ago and purchased some things. A shake gobbler tube from HS Strut (I think I ripped myself off on that one, it's not loud at all) some camo gun tape, and a new choke tube. I put the tape on my 870 and I must say..."I couldn't've done a better job myself." It looks good. I also put some new fiber optic pins on there that I've had for maybe 2 years now and just never got around to putting on there.

Also, I've caught myself calling buddies to see if they've got spots picked out, scheduling work around turkey season, and progressively watching more and more turkey hunting shows on TV.

It must be about that time again...allllllriiiigggghhhhttttt....
Old 03-25-2006, 05:58 PM

Default RE: It's gettin to be that time again....

FroMan...if its the one i think....you probably bought the 'jake' gobbling tube...i hope you dont forget about it, and still try using it...i have one...and in my opinion, along with the dekes i use i get very good reactions from the toms...try this; instead of just shaking it....take the 'horn' in one hand...the other end in the other and do a fast..'pull-push' movement with the call....i find it not only makes a bit lower tone...but i have the control to make a cadence typical of a true young gobbler. It seems to work best with my set-ups cause i use two hens and one jake...the sounds that call makes gives an impression of a jake who happens to have taken a few hens from the local dominent gobbler.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: It's gettin to be that time again....

some camo gun tape, and a new choke tube. I put the tape on my 870

I got this for my winchester Model 1300
Its not as nice as ones with the camo ink.
But it looks pretty good.
The pic isn't my gun bit it looks like it.

I will try to get a pic to post.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp;jsessionid=ZAU5YT0UXYKN1TQSNOKCCNWOCJVZOI WE?id=0012943226652a&type=product&cmCat=se arch&returnString=_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&hasJS=true&_D%3AhasJS=+&%2Fcabelas%2 Fcommerce%2FCabelasCatalogNumberFinder.giftCertifi cateURL=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Ftemplates%2Fgiftcertific ate%2Fgiftcertificate.jsp%3Fid%3D0005586990011a%26 podId%3D0005586%26catalogCode%3DIB%26navAction%3Dj ump%26indexId%3D&_D%3A%2Fcabelas%2Fcommerce%2F CabelasCatalogNumberFinder.giftCertificateURL=+&am p;QueryText=snake+skins+gun+camo+kit&_DARGS=%2 Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form21&Go.x=0&Go.y=0&N=4887&am p;Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&amp ;Ntt=snake+skins+gun+camo+kit&noImage=0&re turnPage=search-results1.jsp&_requestid=70209