Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team #3's Official Roost

Old 04-09-2006, 08:31 PM

Default RE: Team #3's Official Roost

Here is a website I created for personal use and it has some recent pics of the big turkey i killed and it also has a video clip of the two birds I saw that morning. The other bird that was with the one I shot was bigger, so if my bird scored over 76, then this one would have been a definite slammer.

The link:
http://gobble157.250free.com/

David Ellis
Old 04-10-2006, 05:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hi everyone

I was just wondering if we came to an agreement about the team name & captian.
Please let me know.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:39 PM
Spike

so any one haveing any luck with a team name and or captian ?
Old 04-15-2006, 03:44 PM

Well,I went to KY for their opener and I got another big one! I was hunting near louisa, ky and there were turkeys gobbling all over. Unfortuneatly I didn't any of it on footage due to the fact that I was by myself. Tomorrow I'm going back to call for a buddy, so I'll try to get that on footage. Now I'll give you the stats on this Kentucky longbeard.

Kentucky Gobbler (Typical category)
Weight - 25 pounds
Beard - 11.25 inches
Spurs - 1.625 (left), 1.3125

Old 04-15-2006, 05:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Deeq1502

Nice bird my gongrats to ya good pics too

Old 04-15-2006, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

He is a dandy for sure!

Congratulations!!
Old 04-16-2006, 09:50 PM

Here is one of two birds me and a buddy called up in Warfield, KY. This country is nothing but MOUNTAINS! I'm wore out, so its time to hit the sack. I hope all of you had a safe weekend and got into some turkeys!

Old 04-18-2006, 05:40 PM
Spike

hey 9 th tine i saw yer post on bear hunting would love to talk to you about a bait set up in theU.P. myself and 2 freinds are going to try and get a group hunt for theU.P. this year trying to find out the cost of haveign somone bait up some spots for us to hunt !
Old 04-19-2006, 09:32 PM

Team three, Ohio season opener is monday, so hopefully I'll be able to get on some more birds to add to our collection! GOD bless and good luck if you're going to hunt!

David Ellis
Old 04-21-2006, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

BAGGED MY FIRST MERRIAM!!! THE HUNT OF A LIFETIME!!!

Well i just got back from south dakota last night!! Thank the lord we got our birds before the storm hit. Deadwood, SD got 46 inches or almost 4 feet!!! We drove thru the storm on tuesday sigthseeing, all i can say is, that is the worse snow storm i've ever seen. we couldnt see the front of the truck.

Back to the turkeys. Well we got in on easter sunday around lunch and hunted till dark without hearing a gobble, very depressing.
The next day we changed locations and heard countless gobblers at daybreak. Set up on a couple at flydown and the went the other way. For the next eight hours we (3 of us) played cat and mouse with three toms and there ten hens. From one mountain to the next, I get exhausted just thinking about it. Finally at around 200pm we managed to separate the hens from the toms. And boy when we did, the toms came running!! The 3 of us had to jump behind a lone pine tree, 12 inches in diameter, with no ground cover in sight. The toms didnt care, they almost ran us over. At 15 yards2 of us shot simultaneously. Two birds went down!! The 3rd guy jumped up from behind us and dropped the 3rd tom right out of the air. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!
We were in total shock. None of us have ever heard of anyone pulling a triple on 3 mature toms, ever!! We were able to pull it off on our first full day of hunting in the black hills. None of us have ever been there before, but i gaurantee we will be back. The black hills is in my book one of themost beautiful places to hunt, what an expereience.But i recommend to anyone that goes to do lots of research on the net and byphone with the SD game and fish.

Bird stats:My bird: 17.2 lbs, 8.5 beard, 1/2 inch spurs

Friend 1's bird: 14.5 lbs, 9beard, 3/4 spurs

Friend 2's bird: 14.2 lbs, 9 beard, 7/8 spurs

I am still working on the pics. Good luck to everyoneelse. My last season,missouri, opens up monday.

Quick Reply: Team #3's Official Roost

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.