Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team #3's Official Roost

Old 05-18-2006, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team #3's Official Roost

Way to go and congratulations Buckslayer1!!!
Old 05-19-2006, 06:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Antler Eater

Way to go and congratulations Buckslayer1!!!
Awesome Buckslayer1...way to go.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats Buck
Glad to seeso many team members doing good this season.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:36 PM

I just did the averages for all teams with a score and we're on TOP. I know it doesn't count, but for the total and the amount of people that killed birds this season we would definitely win. All we need is for two or three more people for our team to kill a turkey. If this were to happen we would surely win. I hope everyone had the best season ever and GO TEAM THREE! GOD bless!

David Ellis
Old 05-20-2006, 02:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man sometimes it is painful to hear that alarm during turkey season [:@]. Anyhow, I am up and about to head out the door here in PA. Wish me luck, looks like the rain is going to hold out for me.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rick James

Man sometimes it is painful to hear that alarm during turkey season [:@]. Anyhow, I am up and about to head out the door here in PA. Wish me luck, looks like the rain is going to hold out for me.
Seemed like the perfect morning to hear birds......but not a single one gobbled. All I saw was someone elses footprints on my posted property and all I heard was someone owl hooting on my property line...........[:@]. Let me tell you, I am awfully frustrated, after spending so much money in food plots, and taxes, and building blinds and stands and scouting this property etc to find someone else is trespassing like that. It is difficult to patrol the property when you live 4 hours away I guess and the locals know it.

I am off in about an hour to head up to Oneonta, NY hopefully some pieces of the puzzle will come together up there.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

RJ, that sux, the first thing I would have done was approached the trespasser.

Should have kept your date with me...I called in and had downed another one for the year. I've had gobblers under 75 yards every day of the season except maybe 3...some won't committ the last 25 yards or so....no I'm not rubbing it in, maybe you need some River Valley sweet talk.

Hang in there and keep your chin up. It's about the hunt.....good luck.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

That' s real good news come on team #3
Say if we do win this contest What do we win other than Braging right's.
I whould like to thank Everyone on the team for doing a fine job.

Old 05-21-2006, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

RJ, that sux, the first thing I would have done was approached the trespasser.

Should have kept your date with me...I called in and had downed another one for the year. I've had gobblers under 75 yards every day of the season except maybe 3...some won't committ the last 25 yards or so....no I'm not rubbing it in, maybe you need some River Valley sweet talk.

Hang in there and keep your chin up. It's about the hunt.....good luck.
Yeah I know.......haha...hind sight is always 20/20 though. After such an awesome season last year (worked 5 birds into closer than 100 yards and called in 2 for pops and I in 2 days of hunting on my place) and all the digital pics I have gotten I thought this year was going to be great. Unfortunately word got out of my success last year and the neighbors had to come see what we had cooking on our place I guess. I did try to find who was on our place, however by time I got down there they seemed to be gone. I think I know who it is and will be focusing on trying to make it obvious that we are in there on a consistent basis. They only come into the side of the property furthest from my Dad's house because they know no one goes in there except for me and that I don't live in the area. Our taxidermist lives right near there and I have some horns to drop off for him next weekend so hopefully he can let me know who is going in there and spread the word for me and watch it a bit. Might have to give him permission in trade for being my eyes and ears. I will still have to have you come up for a hike this summer sometime to check it out, should be some good bowhunting this year and I would love to have you come up if you have time.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

When is the contest officially over?? Also, how many team members do we have that havent tagged out and are still hunting? It does look like if we could get two or three more birds we would win this thing.

Quick Reply: Team #3's Official Roost

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.