Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Keep your camo from fading

Old 03-13-2006, 04:35 PM

Default Keep your camo from fading

Fading Out?
Does your camo lose its color after a few washings? Mine used to, until ol' Jim Crumley set me straight. He said that you can protect the color of your camo by following a few steps, and that you should treat your camo like you treat a fine bow or shotgun.
Before washing your camo, turn the garments inside out. You can then choose to wash them by hand or washing machine. Hand washing will give you the longest color life and can be achieved by taking a five-gallon pail of cold water and some baking soda and sloshing the camo up and down in the mixture a few times before letting them stand overnight. In the morning, wring out your garments, shake them out and then hang them to drip dry. This will reduce color loss by reducing abrasion and heat applied to the fabric.
If you need to use a washing machine, wash in cold water on the delicate cycle with baking soda and hang the camo to drip dry. If in a rush, use a clothes dryer, but turn the garments inside out and run on the short cycle just long enough to dry them.
source: NWTF.com
Old 03-13-2006, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Keep your camo from fading

i wash mine in side out and on cold,i usually end up using the dryer though.......
Old 03-13-2006, 05:50 PM

we're supposed to wash'em??...hmmm <s'plains why no one wants to hunt with me...lol>
thanks for the tip...and just like huntnma....i put mine in the clothes dryer
Old 03-13-2006, 05:59 PM
Typical Buck

thanks for the tip!!