Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Finally got to go listen!

Old 03-12-2006, 07:21 AM

Default Finally got to go listen!

I finally got to go listen this morning and heard a few birds. There is nothing like hearing the first gobble of the year. It sounded like three gobblers in one tree, I believe they are 2 yr. olds because last year I only saw one gobbler and 6 jakes so I am assuming the ones I heard are some of the jakes from last year. They didn't have the deep long gobble of an older bird. The only bad thing is they are roosted on the property line and they flew to the neighbors side but in the past few years they have always made their way back through our property before they go to roost. The one good thing is by the time they get to our property they have usually lost some or most of the hens. Well I've only got till wed. and I can go give them a try. I hope everybody has a safe and awsome season.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Finally got to go listen!

i have been listening to them for 2 weeks now......youre right theres nothing better than that first gobble of the year....hope you have a great season .everyone else too
Old 03-12-2006, 10:00 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Finally got to go listen!

Heard 4 disintrested toms a few weeks back, then 2 last weekend. They weren't to fired up either. Doubt if many have heard toms in Ky this weekend unless they were in a boat