Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Primos Gobbler Vest

Old 03-09-2006, 12:25 PM

Default Primos Gobbler Vest

I went to buy one of these yesterday but it seemed to be very loose on me. The smalletst one I saw was a L/XL. Do thye make a M? Are they supposed to be loose fitting? I've always used a back pack but wanted to try a vest.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:44 PM

Default RE: Primos Gobbler Vest

best to my knowledge they only come in size but i'm not sure .
Old 03-09-2006, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Popere

I went to buy one of these yesterday but it seemed to be very loose on me. The smalletst one I saw was a L/XL. Do thye make a M? Are they supposed to be loose fitting? I've always used a back pack but wanted to try a vest.
I bought one of these last year from PrimosĀ®; I'll never go back to a vest:

http://www.primos.com/product_info.php?products_id=520
Old 03-09-2006, 04:34 PM
Typical Buck

Before sinking a bunch of $ into a big, baggy vest, try using just a small backpack, like a daypack. I gave up the vest several years ago because I didn't like the way they hung all over the place and made a lot of noise with all the stuff hanging off them, catching everything as I tried to sneak in the woods. Backpacks are more versatile, carry more gear, make a great backrest, and are far less obtrusive. I also use a light Mossy Oak jacket designed for turking hunting which has several inside pockets for slate call, shells, etc.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Primos does make a awsome vest... But before you buy one I would try on some other... Mossy oak makes a pretty good one also... I would buy one that fits!!!
Old 03-10-2006, 08:25 AM

Thanks for the input. I think I'm going to stick with the backpack for now. I hunt in the mountains between 6K and 8K feet and need to carry a lot of water. Even if I did go with the vest I would still need the backpack to carry my water bladder.

mouthcaller, where did you get the jacket from? That sounds like something I would be interested in.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:59 PM
Typical Buck

Popere

Man, I can't remember where I ordered that jacket. I've had it for 10+ years.It is just a lightweight cotton jacket made by Mossy Oakin Bottomlands camo, no liner, several pockets. Imay have got it from Dunn'sbut I'm not sure. I keep sewingit back together and dread the dayit finallybites the dust.