Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Don'tcha hate it....

Old 02-24-2006, 10:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default Don'tcha hate it....

When you scout for that boss Tom, til opening day....
Then you get to your stand first thing on the firstmorning....
You start with your owl call.....
Gobbbble!!.....
You start to yelp....
Gobbbbbble!!......
He flys down....
You Yelp......
Gobbbble!!!!!....
Gobbbble!!!!!......
He moves in closer.....
Gobbble!!!.....
He almost there!!!!
Gobbbbble!!!..........
You can almost see him!!!!!!
BANG!
Short Standed again!!!![:@]
(Someone sneaks in between you and your Tom. They never call or make a sound!!! AHHH....I hate it)
Old 02-24-2006, 10:13 PM

Default RE: Don'tcha hate it....

Yeah, and not only that, it's a good way for someone to get killed. People need to have some respect and lay off a bird being worked. True enough it is that sometimes the "intruder" doesn't know it's another hunter. I've had that happen to me, and yes, it is quite aggravating.
Old 02-25-2006, 03:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

its never happened to me, and i pray it dont , but i know it will........
Old 02-25-2006, 05:42 AM

it has happened to me several times.[:@] [:@] [:@] [:@]
one time a guy (I know) could not get the bird to come to him (It was coming to me and my wife) ; so he just get up and walks between the bird and us, then walks away real fast .he though we didn't know who he was.

he said O I didn't know you were there.right ,he was gonna just walk up to the bird and shoot him![&:] [&:][:@][].

on open land , it will happen.so be very careful.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:46 AM

Wasnt it ranchand99 who was patterning in at 60 yards to avoid this problem?

Neverhad it happen to me. One time though, when the gobblers were henned up, I took up my station and started imitating the hens to try to pull them in.
This one hen was being real aggressive, so I was playing back at her for close to two hours. Suddenly, she becomes real quiet. I had gun up, and ready to push the safety off as soon as I saw the gobbler come in behind her when....

Neighbor comes over the rise, stalking the hen who had been talking back to him for the last two hours. According to him, he thought she had the dominant bird with her..we both chuckled and called it a day..
Still, glad I had brains enough to shout at him.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

Its happened to me once. Very aggravating
Old 02-25-2006, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sure it happens to me more than I knowEvery time I'm working a bird and he just shuts up for no reason I figure some ya hoo done came in and screwed me up[:@]
Old 02-25-2006, 04:48 PM

or instead of coming between you and the gobbler they sneak in and try to call him in and over call and scare him or are loud or the gobbler sees him and your busted too, gosh i hate those guys who try to do this.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah, had that one too. Be sittin there callin him in, then all a sudden you hear the leaves cracklin behind you, and some guy tryin to get your birds attention.
And he most the time does.
Enough to scare him off til next year!!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2006, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

The only time's I had someone mess up my hunt My son and I had the bird's working toward's us and the farmer who own's the feild drove out into the feild to check his crop(It's his feild) and he isgood enoughto let us hunt there.We did bag a bird two day's later.
When the farmer saw we were out there he left and called me and appolagized.I had no problem with it,He has to care for his crop's.
The other time We had bird's working toward's us,Then they just scooted out of the feild,Come to find out a new DNR officer stopped along side the road and was waiting so He could check to make sure we had licenses.That time it Pissed Me off.He apparently drove passed and snuck up to the edge of the vegatation and was watching us with his Bi-noc's
Well the Bird's spotted him.
I was kinda baffeled at first, then suprised when the DNR steps out.
I did keep my cool

Quick Reply: Don'tcha hate it....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.