Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

M.A.D calls The Hatchet

Old 02-20-2006, 11:35 PM

Default M.A.D calls The Hatchet

Just wondering if anyone has used the call. I have not heard anything about it and was just wondering. Thanks for any info you can give me.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:17 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: M.A.D calls The Hatchet

I havn't used it yet but I just got my free copies of longbeard madness 9 & 10 from renewing my subscription to T&TH. On those DVD's they use it and it sounds pretty good, looks like it will come with a clipso you can clip it to your boot when setup and working a bird.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would like to hear more if someone has experience with it! [8D]
Old 02-21-2006, 07:19 AM

Ive never used one but i plan on trying it and a bunch off different calls this year...never know which one works best till' u try em' all in the field. Ill keep you posted and let ya know how it works.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:24 PM

I bought it last year...I do not use it for my main calling, as it does not have a lot of volume. But it is good for one-hand calling if bird is close. I have it on the ground next to me , to reach for a soft call or purr to seal the deal on a near bird reluctant to come.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:28 PM

The only thing I've ever been after buying a MADD call is MAD or better yet, PISSED!!!

Their calls suck.

The last one I bought was that little egg piece of crap. It fell apart in my hand.[:@][:@]
Old 02-22-2006, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL, I decided against the egg after hearing it used, and after getting burnt years ago on their dog whistle!!!!

They are out to get hunters, not turkey.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:25 PM

On another forum that I am a member of, theres a whole thread about how bad the MAD calls are. With the Dog Whistle being the biggest rip off in turkey hunting history.

Old 02-22-2006, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree that MAD calls has produced some cheap and ripoff products, i bought the dog whistle too. BUT you cant beat the Super Aluminator. Ditch the carbon striker it comes with, get a good hickory or laminnted wood, prefarbly with a flared tip and you have one of the best friction calls around. I will not go in the woods without one.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:25 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: StrutnBPS

On another forum that I am a member of, theres a whole thread about how bad the MAD calls are. With the Dog Whistle being the biggest rip off in turkey hunting history.
Hey wait a minute. Lets not forget the spit & drum call[:'(].

Quick Reply: M.A.D calls The Hatchet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.