Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkey hunt help please

Old 01-23-2006, 10:25 AM

Default RE: Turkey hunt help please

ORIGINAL: Coyotestalker

I will only offer one piece of advice- read the archives!!!!! These questions with first time setup are posted on here all the time, and many of us respond to it over and over. It gets tiresome, not being mean or anything, just tiresome. well, i will give you another piece of advice-make a list of what you need, do, and prepare for. There is nothing worse than seeing a newbie out in the woods calling the wrong way, not being stealthy, can't conceal himself at all, and doesn't have the patience and cracks under the pressure.
Coyotestalker you are a jerk, If you dont want to help him then dont answer his post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You dont have to go on with the "it gets tiresome" I have read other post where you say the same thing to people. Do you want a tissue it seems like you need it to wipe the tears from your face. This is a place for people to ask questions and to get answers from people! If you dont like it leave, i promise you wont be missed.

Old 01-23-2006, 10:29 AM

Now just to help out a fellow turkey hunter, you can go onto these sites like Cabelas, Bass pro, and some others and get some very good deals on stuff. Usually that is after turkey season though. If i were you i would get a slate call and a box call and Practice practice practice. Once you get the hang of them get a beginers mouth call and work on that. With the mouth call you will get frusterated but just keep trying it, it is not easy but you will catch on. Other then that get some camo clothes and you will be set as long as you do your scouting like others have said. Dont worry about you gun being black it really wont hurt a thing. Movement is key, these birds will see you from a long ways away. Keep still and make sure to post pictures of your big old Tom this year, i am looking forward to seeing it.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:23 PM

ORIGINAL: deer-hunter18

I will only offer one piece of advice- read the archives!!!!! These questions with first time setup are posted on here all the time, and many of us respond to it over and over. It gets tiresome, not being mean or anything, just tiresome. well, i will give you another piece of advice-make a list of what you need, do, and prepare for. There is nothing worse than seeing a newbie out in the woods calling the wrong way, not being stealthy, can't conceal himself at all, and doesn't have the patience and cracks under the pressure.
Coyotestalker you are a jerk, If you dont want to help him then dont answer his post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You dont have to go on with the "it gets tiresome" I have read other post where you say the same thing to people. Do you want a tissue it seems like you need it to wipe the tears from your face. This is a place for people to ask questions and to get answers from people! If you dont like it leave, i promise you wont be missed.

Just an honest opinion in reply just like yours was. But, just to annoy you deer-hunter, I believe I will stick around as well to defy ya.....lol, another hothead that makes it personal.....love it.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:37 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: deer-hunter18

Just an honest opinion in reply just like yours was. But, just to annoy you deer-hunter, I believe I will stick around as well to defy ya.....lol, another hothead that makes it personal.....love it.
Not for nothin Coyote, but DeerHunter is right!!! If you're that "Annoyed" by theses threads, then don't respond. You say that it gets tiresome so I'll ask you this, isn't it more tiresome to type up your negative responses than to just leave it alone? Just my opinion of the matter.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:08 PM

Thank you garminator, that is a good question. I was wondering the same.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:29 PM
Typical Buck

Find a mentor and go with him. When you are ready to do some calling, buy the CD Spittin' Feathers. Your calls don't have to be perfect by any means, but the cadence is more important than most hunter think.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:38 PM

find a mentor. someone who is a good, ethical hunter. my mentor called me up out of the blue and asked if i wanted to try turkey hunting. i went and watched him work a gobbler right into a leg tag the first hunt. 2 days later he called in a boss tom. i used his gun to kill my first turkey and i have been an addict ever since. my mentor got just as much enjoyment from my kill as i did. afterward, he told me how many guys he had helped get their first turkey and i was shocked at how much pride he took in helping other people get hooked.....that's how you'll know if you found a good mentor....good luck