" />

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Hunting causing family prob ?

Old 01-20-2006, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hunting causing family prob ?

I love to hunt!!!! If I could I would hunt every week end and all 4 weeks of my vacation... But my wife would like to see me once in awhile also

Has hunting ever caused any marital prob ordivorce's???
Old 01-20-2006, 10:26 PM

Default RE: Hunting causing family prob ?

Nope, because for me, my marriage comes first, my life (career) comes second, and hunting fills the rest.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

You had to bring this up didn't ya Longbeard

Yep , I am one of the ones that have seen hunting turkeys take over a family bond. I had a dandy wife and two lovely girls , but yet I was trying to work on something that most could not understand. In the end I went on a hunting trip to Ohio and as I was there I got aphone call from a lawyer. Well needless to say but when I got home I walked into a house that was empty. Yep it was the end of what I had started 12 years before. I offered to quit hunting all togeather in return for what I had , but it was too late. After the divorce the hunting bug just got worst and I never did more then I did before. I have since started another relationship , but that at times is rocky aswell , but when I got into this one it was Plain set straight that I hunt and I travel and this is something that I will not change...BT
Old 01-21-2006, 06:48 AM
Typical Buck

not really any problems just that this year I am taking my wife to Hawaii leaving in 3 weeks this was apromise I made while going out the door on another hunting trip when and if I make it to Fla. she is coming along for aday and then will fly onto Peurto Rico to visit a friend some times you have to be alittle creative and the bad looks do not get as bad
Old 01-21-2006, 08:21 AM
Typical Buck

My wife likes to go hunting with me sometimes.I go alot,but I know when it's time to stay home.She knew how much I was into hunting when we met,and knows that I will choose her over hunting,but she doesn't make me choose.You gotta love that.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nope not here!! My wife loves to hunt with me so I can hunt and be with my wife at the same time! I love it. Even if she didn't hunt though, she would come first over hunting.
Old 01-21-2006, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I get 4 weeks as well Ken and would definately spend them in the woods if I could!But oh ya,we've had our share of (conversations)on priority's!Not that hunting isn't a priority but it is a good thing I have a good wife because she does keep me thinking clear!Even after 28 seasons in the spring woods she still aint throwin in the towel!!!
Old 01-21-2006, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

No never any problems here. My wife knew before she married me I hunted and that would not change. She is very understanding when I pack up and go to Missouri turkey hunting. She even decided she wanted to see what I loved about it. Needless to say she got to see some of the action last year and enjoyed going out with me. I dont think she would hunt but she can sure do the filming.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:10 PM
Typical Buck

My wife knew getting in that i was a hunter and has been great about it! I hunt turkeys 3-4 weeks most years, tho im cuttin back to three this season.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm pretty lucky,I come from generations of hunters and so does my wife so she knew what she was gettin into when we married.Matter of fact I got married on the first day of Spring gobbler.She figured I wouldn't forget that way.It was fine with me long as it was a couple of hours past quittin time.Musta worked out ok ,We been married 23 yrs.

Quick Reply: Hunting causing family prob ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.