Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Owl Hooter

Old 01-13-2006, 02:02 PM
Spike

Default Owl Hooter

I am looking for the loudest most realistic Owl Hooter out there, but I don't want one that sounds like a wild Piliated Peacock Crow Coyote!
Has anyone used a Camp Call or a Hoot Tube?
Old 01-13-2006, 03:36 PM

Default RE: Owl Hooter

Ok this is the truth about owl hooters. While u can make good owl noises on an owl call, in my opinion, you are way better off using your natural voice. I used many different hooters and one day I actually was just like...."Why don't I just use my voice?" In no time I was hooting way better and louder with my voice than I was on any hooter I ever used. You can get real loud, or soft in case you think there is a turkey roosted close. It takes just a few minutes to get the sound right and you can go to the woods. The first time I ever hooted with my voice I had watched a tom on property I couldn't hunt go to roost close by. I knew i could never hunt him so i was like what the heck let me see if i can make him gobble with just my voice. 50 gobbles later... i decided that I sounded sufficient with my voice. I have called owls themselves within 20 yards of me. This is not a special talent, people hoot with their voices everywhere. IT is the way to go. Give it a try.

If your deadset on having a call, then go to Close Calls website and give Ronnie's hooter a try. Its the best one i have ever used. i believe the web address is www.close-calls.com or something like that. TRY YOUR VOICE!
Old 01-13-2006, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't use a owl hooter much... I'll give you three guess's why I don'tand the first two don't count
Old 01-13-2006, 06:44 PM
Typical Buck

Although it's not the loudest my Palmers hoot tube is the most realistic sounding to me.I have the wood one.It sounds better than the plastic one to me.Early in the morning you might be suprised at how far you can get one to gobble at the seemingly "quiet" palmers hoot tube..Hope I helped.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:40 PM

I use the Camp Mighty Owl Call..it's my favorite..loud and easy to use.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wholelottagobble

Ok this is the truth about owl hooters. While u can make good owl noises on an owl call, in my opinion, you are way better off using your natural voice. I used many different hooters and one day I actually was just like...."Why don't I just use my voice?" In no time I was hooting way better and louder with my voice than I was on any hooter I ever used. You can get real loud, or soft in case you think there is a turkey roosted close. It takes just a few minutes to get the sound right and you can go to the woods. The first time I ever hooted with my voice I had watched a tom on property I couldn't hunt go to roost close by. I knew i could never hunt him so i was like what the heck let me see if i can make him gobble with just my voice. 50 gobbles later... i decided that I sounded sufficient with my voice. I have called owls themselves within 20 yards of me. This is not a special talent, people hoot with their voices everywhere. IT is the way to go. Give it a try. TRY YOUR VOICE!!!
DITTO!!!! Another Natural voicer here as well!!!! Just think, it's one less call to carry with you into the woods, and you never have to worry about loosing it!!!! LOL!!!
Old 01-14-2006, 04:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: maytom

ORIGINAL: wholelottagobble

Ok this is the truth about owl hooters. While u can make good owl noises on an owl call, in my opinion, you are way better off using your natural voice. I used many different hooters and one day I actually was just like...."Why don't I just use my voice?" In no time I was hooting way better and louder with my voice than I was on any hooter I ever used. You can get real loud, or soft in case you think there is a turkey roosted close. It takes just a few minutes to get the sound right and you can go to the woods. The first time I ever hooted with my voice I had watched a tom on property I couldn't hunt go to roost close by. I knew i could never hunt him so i was like what the heck let me see if i can make him gobble with just my voice. 50 gobbles later... i decided that I sounded sufficient with my voice. I have called owls themselves within 20 yards of me. This is not a special talent, people hoot with their voices everywhere. IT is the way to go. Give it a try. TRY YOUR VOICE!!!
DITTO!!!! Another Natural voicer here as well!!!! Just think, it's one less call to carry with you into the woods, and you never have to worry about loosing it!!!! LOL!!!
Another ditto here.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Blow an owl hooter out here and your answer will be silence no "who cooks for you who cooks for you all' around these parts!But a honker flute or coyote howler is a wholedifferent story!!
Old 01-17-2006, 02:00 PM
Fork Horn

I like the wooden Palmer Hoot Tube I just got a few weeks ago and surprisingly, the little plastic flex tube model from BassPro for $8 works as well, maybe better.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:04 PM
Typical Buck

I cup my hands around the end for the best sound on my palmers.

Quick Reply: Owl Hooter

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.