Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Reminder to Michigan Turkey Hunting Residents

Old 01-16-2006, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Reminder to Michigan Turkey Hunting Residents

Nice Bird!

I usually go to Tennessee to Turkey hunt but this year I will be hunting for Turkey's in Michigan too. I will be in the Grayling area which is about 20 minutes South of Gaylord.

Any of you Michigan Turkey hunters looking for a partner? It is tough to get my friends out for Turkey hunting.

Tom
Old 01-16-2006, 01:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

My 1st bird this past fall! I got her with my bow at about 20 yards!

Old 01-16-2006, 06:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: takedownfreak123

I also hunt by gaylord about 10 miles north of veana I got a tom my first bird this year. i just got my license it is the one you can get over the couner.
Hey takedown, I get all my beer in Vienna Corners, the Big Bear trading Post! Have you ever been there???? That place has been there forever! Well its new building now but you get the idea!
Old 01-16-2006, 07:22 PM
Fork Horn

yeah i go there all the time there the bears in the front widow there is all kind of stuff there.A few years ago there was a old bow shop acroos the street but now gone[:'(]. do you no were the elk viewing area is im not to far from there.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have 5 bull elk on my property daily! I was about 20 yards from 5 bulls, 1 Cow with a calf in tow! It was amazing all the bulls were in full velvet!!!! Then during deer gun season the bulls were in the field feeding, one of them is a HUGE 8X8, just massive! The others aren't to shabby either, the next one down is a 7X7! There cool to look at but they scare the deer away! I cannot get a Elk permit because I'm not a Michigan resident![:@] I'm not too sure where the Elk viewing area is??? The Pigeon River Forest???
Old 01-17-2006, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great bird BHF, I have always wanted to get one with my bow. I just have troubles waiting for birds. We always move and stalk. I would like to take my bow but we never sit still and wait for the birds to come to us so I think this would be difficult. I really want to try it though.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:26 PM
Fork Horn

hey hunting fool my father has been applyed for most of the time and only got one license there really hard to get. I see at least one elk every time im up there. Its not like how it was in the 70s there was tons of elk i think they got pushed some were.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

My friends wife applied for a elk tag and got hers on the first try! She was drawn for a cow tag. I believe you only get a once in lifetime Bull tag whether you shoot one or not! I wish..... I will be trying to shoot one with my camera for the rest of my life! Which is still pretty cool!
Old 01-18-2006, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Guys from MI. Sorry to Highjack your thread here , but I wondered if you could help me with a question.

Have any of you ever seen a Plot mix there in MI , called Deer and Wildlife Mix

I bought some back years ago and can't seem to get any info on it...BT
Old 01-18-2006, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry have never seen it but I will keep my eyes peeled for it. Where in Michigan were you when you saw it?

Tom

Quick Reply: Reminder to Michigan Turkey Hunting Residents

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.