Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

what is the best choke tube?

Old 01-04-2006, 08:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default what is the best choke tube?

I have a benelli nova and i am going to purchase an aftermarket choke tube and was just wondering what everyones opinion was???
Old 01-05-2006, 04:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: what is the best choke tube?

I have an Undertaker choke and it has performed well for me .
Old 01-05-2006, 04:51 AM
Typical Buck

Blueditch--
How do you like that gun...and if you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for it. I am looking for a new turkey gun and happened to check that same gun out yesterday at our local gun shop. They want $385.00 for it. It's the Nova Max 26", 3 1/2 chamber, fully camo'd in HD and comes with 3 choke tubes.
Thoughts?
Craig
Old 01-05-2006, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Guys , If you plan on spending money for a choke tube for turkeys , take the step and get a Good custom tube that will do what your after. Too many times I have spent money on Market stuff , to find out it don't really do what I want , then I end up spending more in the end.

I have built 2 different turkey guns over the years and have to say I have used some of the Top names in the equipment line and have came out with 2 winners in a Turkey gun.

Remington 870 express 12ga was one
Bennelli Nova 20 was the other

With these guns Both came out the clear winners with a Custom Precision Choke.
www.precisionarms.ca

If you also plan on getting the Bennelli , be prepared to have the gun Modified. This gun was a very sloppy system when I got it. I had the barrel done , trigger system done to come up with a good turkey killer...BT
Old 01-05-2006, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Adrian J Hare

Guys , If you plan on spending money for a choke tube for turkeys , take the step and get a Good custom tube that will do what your after. Too many times I have spent money on Market stuff , to find out it don't really do what I want , then I end up spending more in the end.

I have built 2 different turkey guns over the years and have to say I have used some of the Top names in the equipment line and have came out with 2 winners in a Turkey gun.

www.precisionarms.ca

If you also plan on getting the Bennelli , be prepared to have the gun Modified. This gun was a very sloppy system when I got it. I had the barrel done , trigger system done to come up with a good turkey killer...BT
Adrian- Just curious, what barrel do you have on the 870 Express? I have one from I think the year they first came out and I have been using the 28" VR that came with it. Its a little long for my tastes, and even longer with the extended length choke tubes that are out there.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:51 PM

I love COMP-N-CHOKE.

I have one on my BPS and I will put it up against anything that isn't 100% custom made. Not saying that b/c its MY gun. If it was my friends, I would still bet on it. The combo I use with my BPS is amazing.

A lot of people like KICKS, its a sister company to COMP-N-CHOKE.
The Star DOT is an awesome choke for the money.

The KEY THING to remember is that every choke and load combo is going to pattern different on EVERY gun. So, most of it is trial and error unless you send it to somewhere like NITRO.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

On my 870 Express super mag,The STARDOT outshot a Kicks,Madmax,H.S.Undertaker,and factory full choke.And it only costs about $20 bucks.My friend has one on his 835,and loves it also.I met a guy that worked for Stardot he was selling them at the Perry Buckarama,he was from Alabama where the company is based.He said the choke is also compatible with Hevi-Shot.He said they were working on a deal with Gander Mountain.I got mine from Walmart,but they have quit carrying them.I don't know why.They carry mostly Remington Factory,tru-glo,and HS chokes now.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:08 PM
Fork Horn

Navy, I have had my benelli for about four years now and i absolutely love it. I have put it through total hell and never has it messed up yet! Best investment i made so far. i cought it on sale for $280 At dunns in st louis mo. It is the blk 24 bbl and 3 choke tubes. I have had not one problem out of my nova.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RIStrutStopper

ORIGINAL: Adrian J Hare

www.precisionarms.ca

Adrian- Just curious, what barrel do you have on the 870 Express? I have one from I think the year they first came out and I have been using the 28" VR that came with it. Its a little long for my tastes, and even longer with the extended length choke tubes that are out there.
The 870 had a 30 in Hastings Wadlock barrel on it. Precision even out shot the Comp-N-Choke. I will say that Comp-n-choke and Rhino is two of the better chokes I have tested , but I still ended up with a better pattern in the other...BT
Old 01-05-2006, 10:00 PM
Spike

I have a 1300 Win. and I was wondering if anyone had a good choke recomendation for it?

Quick Reply: what is the best choke tube?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.