Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Who has done a grand slam?

Old 12-28-2005, 10:08 AM

Default RE: Who has done a grand slam?

All 6 species are called a World Slam and I have taken a couple. You can view mounted birds at www.farleysadventures.com including an Ocellated from the jungle region.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:26 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: farley

All 6 species are called a World Slam and I have taken a couple. You can view mounted birds at www.farleysadventures.com including an Ocellated from the jungle region.

Awesome Farley, Congrat's!
Old 12-28-2005, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anybody ever do any slams on public land???
Old 12-28-2005, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Matter of fact Mr. Longbeard I took 3 out of the 4 on Public land - O guess that don't count , Ok they were all farm tame birds that just got away ...BT
Old 12-28-2005, 05:58 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Adrian J Hare

Matter of fact Mr. Longbeard I took 3 out of the 4 on Public land - O guess that don't count , Ok they were all farm tame birds that just got away ...BT

Adrian, where in FL did you take an Osceola 4 times?
Old 12-28-2005, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rebel Hog , You just had to ask that didn't ya ! lol

That is the bird that I have not taken on Public land , But after hunting 3 lakes for a few days and never being on the land before , I believe I would have killed there too , but my Plane was leaving the next morning and its to darn far to hitchhike lol

I have killed 5 Osceola's out on a ranch at Yeehaw Juntion. killed 2 on a ranch east side of Okeechobee and killed 1 on a lease on the west side of Okeechobee...BT
Old 12-28-2005, 06:28 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Adrian J Hare

Rebel Hog , You just had to ask that didn't ya ! lol

That is the bird that I have not taken on Public land , But after hunting 3 lakes for a few days and never being on the land before , I believe I would have killed there too , but my Plane was leaving the next morning and its to darn far to hitchhike lol

I have killed 5 Osceola's out on a ranch at Yeehaw Juntion. killed 2 on a ranch east side of Okeechobee and killed 1 on a lease on the west side of Okeechobee...BT

Welcome to the area partner! I have taken quite afew hogs and 3 deer out of Three Lakes on the camp ground side not theHwy 60 side. For the hogs you have to go under the FL turnpike overpass. Back in the 90's I went to Kissimee and had arial maps made of the area! We use to go 11 miles north of Kenansville on 441 to theWilliams Rd entrance.

Three Lakes
Old 12-28-2005, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rebel , I now Guide out of lakeport so in the season if you ever get out that way stop by Chappys , I should be around somewhere...BT
Old 12-28-2005, 06:46 PM
Dominant Buck

This is the part of Three Lakes I never hunted. The entrance is on HWY 60.

Three Lakes Prairie
Old 12-28-2005, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Adrian, I have the Rio Grande, and the Eastern, need the Merriams, and the Osceola yet. No hurry though, when time permits!!

Quick Reply: Who has done a grand slam?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.