Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

BOSSTOM Takes a PA Fall Bird

Old 11-01-2005, 02:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default BOSSTOM Takes a PA Fall Bird

Yesterday in PA , Fall turkey hunting I took a Dandy Longbeard. This is something that is not easy to do is to kill a longbeard in the Fall , let a lone in PA. We setup on a group of longbeards that where visiting a Oak ridge in the afternoons. I found a nice little setup with some cover to hide any movement in a clear area and made some soft single Clucks every now and then.

After a hour and a half and as I slowing kept an eye on a field edge and the ridge their they appeared. A few heads coming alone the edge of the field feeding. It was hard to see if it was a group of hens or Gobblers , but not long I noticed beards and sat with the 20 gauge up and waited out to find the longest beard in the group. At 35 yards the Bennelli dropped the largest Tom in the group.
18 Lbs
9in thick beard
3/4 spurs

What a charge to be able to take a Longbeard in the fall. Guess that should score up in the contest for team 6 for Fall birds Boys...BT
Old 11-01-2005, 02:39 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: BOSSTOM Takes a PA Fall Bird

congrats!!!
Old 11-01-2005, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go BT!!! That is a feat for sure taking a gobbler in the fall!! Congrats!!
Old 11-01-2005, 09:33 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey Man, Congrat's!
Old 11-01-2005, 04:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

way to go bud!! good job......you love hunting them PA long beards huh?? just wondering if you dont mind...what county do you come down here to hunt?? i know we got some pretty dang good turkey hunting in the state...im trying my hand again tomarow....i actually just wanna get out of the dorm and take a nice loooong fall walk...take some scenic pics for the screen saver if the leaves didnt drop.....maybe find a flock on the walk.......i plan to make about a...5 mile loop through the SGL tomarow.....through many spots i know they like in the spring....and where the nuts are.........its gunna be a hike and a half...but i got it all planned out......the steep mountain ill go across and down...then walk a mile of creek bottoms that the birds like.....hit a oak point they like.....and back up through the creek bottom....hit an oak flat and point.....and follow the ridge back out to the truck......lots of land....lots of birds.....hope i find some...hope to find a flock or fresh scratchings......poured all day.....so i bet they will be mighty hungy tomarow........half hour after first light or so i will check the fields see if any are trying to dry out......if i find some fresh scratching ill try to follow them and get a shot or bust em up.....see what happens.....friday evening ill be back at the farm on the way home if nothing pans out tomarow....id like a longbeard but ill settle for anything.....aloooot of hens around....and i am itchin to test the new choke and shells! good job....congrats........
Old 11-01-2005, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the Longbeard!!!
Old 11-02-2005, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh ya!!That'll be a fine turkey for the Thanksgiving table!!!Way to go BT!!!!!![8D]
Old 11-02-2005, 09:32 AM

Great job Adrian!! What a great way to get the team roll'n........
Old 11-03-2005, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Guys , heres a look at him

Mauser , I hunt Jefferson bud ...BT
Old 11-03-2005, 07:16 AM

mauser, what part of SW PA are you from as I am from somerset county. I love hunting pa turkeys, just shot a hen last night. I called in a dozen or so that had a 1 or 2 gobblers in it. There's nothing like turkey hunting.

Adrian, congrats....that is a nice looking bird.

Quick Reply: BOSSTOM Takes a PA Fall Bird

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.