Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Whats is the best turkey hunting state?

Old 01-16-2006, 03:46 PM

Default RE: Whats is the best turkey hunting state?

according to turkey call magzine.jan/feb06, pg.76,texas being #1, missouri #2, & alabama #3, i'm riding with alabama, check it out. www.nwtf.org alabama's limit is 5 a year.
Old 01-16-2006, 03:52 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Wooddust

There are no Turkeys in Missouri
Nice try[8D]
Old 01-16-2006, 07:20 PM

well I have hunted wyoming,colorado,utah,new york and new mexico and the best out those would be new york but it was the hardest to call one and alot of private ground so you had to be friendly and utah the only one you have to draw a tag in so even though I live here I have only hunted 2 times in 13 years but the birds are getting smarter so all these rookies wont have such an easy time
Old 01-16-2006, 07:31 PM

I second that,Missouri has experienced unfavorable hatching conditions in the past couple of years. Although the turkey harvest has been close to the same, the number of adult birds taken is drastically falling. I live in MO, but do most of my hunting elsewhere now.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:41 PM
Typical Buck

anywhere I hear a gobble works for me
Old 01-17-2006, 04:27 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bmac313

Kentucky is the best state to hunt turkeys. In my area only a few people turkey hunt. But everyone deer hunts. All private land too. No pressure
Then consider yourself the luckiest turkey hunter in the state! In Western Ky where i hunt, the public ground is packed elbow to elbow and all pribvate ground is either leased out or permissioned out!
Old 01-17-2006, 04:28 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Widow_Maker

I second that,Missouri has experienced unfavorable hatching conditions in the past couple of years. Although the turkey harvest has been close to the same, the number of adult birds taken is drastically falling. I live in MO, but do most of my hunting elsewhere now.
Another good try
Old 01-17-2006, 08:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Parts of Illinoisare getting good since the restocking programs back in the 70s and 80s (I think). I didn't start seeing turkeys until i was out of high school in 1983, then there weren't that many. But, it has gotten much better. On Saturday evening I sat on a hill on my property andwatched 16 turkeys in three different groups, come strolling thru.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:50 PM

i'd have to say ohio is the best in my opinoin,but there are alot of other good states too.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Texas, Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska

Quick Reply: Whats is the best turkey hunting state?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.